2017 Skeeter ZX Modifications

I just picked up a used ZX250 and already have some ideas for modifications in mind, but before I get too carried away, curious to see what other people have done. (tackle storage, aesthetics, etc)

2. Member
    FX cooler lid - many folks have changed this out in place of the standard plastic cooler lid.
    FX TM Well insert if you want a tool holder and drink holder.

backup lights on the trailer
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

What's wrong with the backup lights?

I added some steps to the trailer. They basically "clamp" on with U-bolts (no-drill). This has helped with launching and loading. I also removed the center storage compartment tackle organizer. This frees up a lot more space. The FX Trolling Motor well insert sounds interesting. It would be nice to have a drink holder up there.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    FX cooler lid - many folks have changed this out in place of the standard plastic cooler lid.
    FX TM Well insert if you want a tool holder and drink holder.

backup lights on the trailer
    FX cooler lid for sure, did it on mine and it’s night and day better!

5. Member
    I pulled out the port side rod tubes and made a two slot cover that allows easier access and more rod storage. Also added a Blue Seas fuse block under the day box to power my three graphs and 360.
    Still have my original cooler lid. For me, I didn't like the cup holders sticking out on the FX lid. The glove box lid is another story.
    My Zx225 is a 2016 model.

IMG-0571.jpg

6. Member
    Got rid of the crappy plastic glove box and replaced with the carpeted aluminum lid.
    Added a seal around the livewell lip and raised my overflow so it holds more water without sloshing out.

7. Member
    Would anyone kindly post or text a pic of the FX cooler lid that is installed in your ZX? It would be greatly appreciated. You can even text me the pic. 847-494-2160. Thanks again, Larry
    2019 Ram 5.7 Hemi Limited
    Skeeter ZX225
    2 Lowrance 12” Carbons
    1 Lowrance 9” Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Yamaha 225/ Hydro Tec/ 25-T1 SHO prop/ 83mph
    2-8’ Power Poles
    12” Black Atlas Jack

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyeska View Post
    I just picked up a used ZX250 and already have some ideas for modifications in mind, but before I get too carried away, curious to see what other people have done. (tackle storage, aesthetics, etc)
    Kyeska - I responded to your PM but couldn't figure out how to attach a picture. Here's a better picture without rods.

IMG-0574.jpg

9. Member