Bass Fishing In January/February - Central Florida

Looking to plan a trip in central Florida in either January or February. I primarily fish in central Georgia during those months but would like to try Florida for the warmer weather. Getting older. Looking at Kissimmee or Harris Chain. Any recommendations? Lakes? Guides? Lodging? Need a minimum of two bedrooms.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jay74 View Post
    Looking to plan a trip in central Florida in either January or February. I primarily fish in central Georgia during those months but would like to try Florida for the warmer weather. Getting older. Looking at Kissimmee or Harris Chain. Any recommendations? Lakes? Guides? Lodging? Need a minimum of two bedrooms.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
    Not trying to be smart here, but you may be to late on most of the Fish Camps as they are often Booked Out a year in advance for that time period.

However, I have stayed at Grape Hammock on the South End of Kissimmee and while it is a laid back non-fancy place it suites me just fine. Nice Trailers and Cabins.

Camp Mack or as it is now called the Guy Harvey Experience at Camp Mack sits between the North End of Kissimmee and Lake Hatch on the River Channel and you can run anywhere in the K-Chain from there easy.

Two Guides on the K-Chain that I am aware of that know the water good are Chuck Pippen and Lee Harellson, they are also Tournament Partners.

Chuck Pippen has been Guiding on the K-Chain for may years very successfully and has a great YouTube Channel. Lee runs Arti-Fish-al Entertainment and you can find him on FB or call him at 813-927-0362. If you call Lee tell him that Fred sent you. He may be able to help you out with booking a place to stay as well. Lee lives right on the K-Chain and is on the water almost every day. If Lee can't help you he can put you in touch with Chuck.

Harris Chain has fewer options that I am aware of but I'm sure there will be others that fish it more often that can help out on it.

Enjoy your Trip and please respect the Resource.
    Last edited by Deadeye1; 09-15-2020 at 07:45 AM.

3. Member
    Check out Warrior 2 Bass guide service. Marine Veteran and a big ol'boy He and Pippen are buddies. (910) 442-9225
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

4. Member
    Camp mack. Lake Kissimmee. February. Best of luck.