Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    Don,

If both sides of the VST were drained with the U hose, would that remove most of the fuel in the system?
    Roughly 60% of it, at least (provided that the forward chamber with the filter was vented by removing the filter so it would drain properly).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Roughly 60% of it, at least (provided that the forward chamber with the filter was vented by removing the filter so it would drain properly).
    Thanks Don!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    Updating thread for future use. Don't have the report in hand yet but was told 5/6 fuel injectors were flooding. Two of the direct air injectors were unrepairable and needed to be replaced. I assume this explains my plug fouling issue.

Don,
    Still concerned about the fuel smell/mist when purging the port rail. Could this unmetered fuel in the rail have caused my injector issues? Or is it possible my injector issues is the cause of the fuel smell/mist in air rail? Don't want to throw money at parts for no reason but should I go ahead and replace the tracker/fuel reg/air reg diaphragms? With the investment I just made with these injectors the last thing I want to do is reinstall the injectors only to mess them all up again and be back to square one.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mist or vapor is NORMAL. Liquid fuel is NOT normal.

Both injector scenarios could exasperate this.

Reassemble correctly- recommend a FRESH set of spark plugs, and see how it does.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Mist or vapor is NORMAL. Liquid fuel is NOT normal.

Both injector scenarios could exasperate this.

Reassemble correctly- recommend a FRESH set of spark plugs, and see how it does.
    Wilco and thanks to ALL for the guidance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12