Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Black, Electric Blue, Green Pumpkin and White

2. Member
    I pretty much just fish three colors of jigs. Which color I reach for first depends on what species of bass I am after.

For largemouth, my first choice would be brown/black (but not a lot of black) second choice would be green pumpkin. Third would be black/blue. (but not a lot of blue)

For smallmouth I just switch the first two colors. Black/blue is always my last choice.

And if you're interested. I think the black/blue laminate from livingrubber.com, makes a great black blue jig. https://www.livingrubber.com/collect...rting-material

3. Member
    My simplification centered around buying jigheads with no skirts, then purchasing bulk skirts from TW. I can make any color I want. It's cheaper and creating your own jig adds to my enjoyment.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

4. Member
    Green pumpkin and black and blue about cover it for me. I tie my own jigs and like to experiment with new colors too.

5. Member
    I'll take brown with some orange with a green pumpkin trailer.

6. Member
    I'm the exact opposite. I can't catch a cold with a black jig of any sort. But brown or watermelon green I can catch 'em everywhere. But I'll carry a handful of base colors (brown, green and a couple black) with a few variations (brown/purple, brown/red, green/orange, green/red). But I use basically 2 colors of trailers, and one is only for a couple months of the year. Spring I'll use a falcon craw (red/green pumpkin) and the rest of the year just green pumpkin. I can add red/orange/chartreuse/blue color to that with JJ's if I need to. A GP trailer will work on any color jig.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

7. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    90 % of the time im using brown /orange. Water gets dirty i will use black
    ^^^^^^^^ SAME with me and G/P and orange with tiny blue flakes. ^^^^^^^^^
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

8. Member
    Jigs come in three colors: black with an accent, green/brown, and white.

I live and die with jigs, big ones or little ones, doesn't matter to me. From 1/16 to 1 1/4, if I have a jig on, I'm confident.

Consider myself relatively proficient. I'm down to those three colors. See no real need for more. Were talking skirted jigs, either flipping or casting.

I use Fish Boss jigs and skirts. Black Neon, or black/blue, Kinsale craw, or white. Vary trailers a little, but match the skirts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12