RT188 Warranty Transfer

Hey guys,

i’m looking at picking up a 2020 RT188. Long story short, I found a good deal that I want to jump on but would be the third registered owner of this boat if I purchased it. The current owner seems to think that the Ranger warranty cannot be transferred to a third owner. Hoping someone can clarify whether there will be any warranty if I purchase it?

Thanks!

Ask over on the Ranger Forum and you're likely to get the correct answer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    The warranty isn’t transferable to a third owner. You can read the warranty on the Ranger website under the Aluminum boat heading.

4. Member
    To my knowledge only BassCat allows unlimited transfer, and that takes a dealer inspection. Three owners is a no go for everyone else I can think of.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Car_nut15 View Post
    Hey guys,

i’m looking at picking up a 2020 RT188. Long story short, I found a good deal that I want to jump on but would be the third registered owner of this boat if I purchased it. The current owner seems to think that the Ranger warranty cannot be transferred to a third owner. Hoping someone can clarify whether there will be any warranty if I purchase it?

Thanks!
    I too think you are screwed, how does a 2020 boat already have had two registered owners?

6. Member
    That's what I was wondering. I'd be more leery of such a new boat that has that kind of ownership history.