MERC 200 PRO XS LIGHT RATTLE HEARD AT MID RPMS BUT NOT AT WOT?

MODEL# 1200P73BD
    SERIAL #1B962352

Hi all

Had the chance to get out on Lake Champlain in Vermont and run my boat for the first time in big water..

Boat ran fine and has been ..5680 rpms and 68mph @ wot..2 guys , full tanks etc..running a 25 pitch fury

At mid range I can hear what sounds like a slight rattle..wondering if it could possibly be reeds? or Is it something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Mike
    Basscat P4

2. Member

Thanks Savage..

Need to remove lower covers and check for wear..seems like its more metal sounding though.
    Basscat P4

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's what it will sound like... The very simple 5/8" ID hose piece over the nuts at the corner is a good solution.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That's what it will sound like... The very simple 5/8" ID hose piece over the nuts at the corner is a good solution.
    Thanks Don..Any pictures of this modification?
    Basscat P4

Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Thanks Don..Any pictures of this modification?
    If you look at the first post in the link Savage posted you can see the black hose on the front port side powerhead nut.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem