Seeking Comments from Evinrude Insiders

I have been an Evinrude Guy all my Life. I have a 2002 225 HO that I have had very little issues with and it still will shoot my Stratos 200 F&S thru the water at 70 MPH if you so desire.

Very destressed to hear in recent months that Evinrude is going away. Would really like to know what the many insiders say that have been attached to this brand for so m any years. Thanks.
    Last edited by vmichaels; 09-14-2020 at 04:26 PM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Bighare would be the one to answer that question. In lay mans terms, the announcement said they are ceasing production of motors, didn't say they were closing shop.

3. Member
    So far Evinrude/BRP is still on life support. If they ever release anything like the "Ghost", that will force them to pull the plug for good. They fought the 4-stroke side very weakly with Evinrude's far superior outboards. Not always easy or the best being the only "game" in town so to speak. I've never owned anything but Johnson/Evinrude's all my life as did my dad and brother. Looks like that will eventually change some time down the road. I was burned in 2000 with a Ficht, but still stayed true to the brand. I won't do it after this fiasco.
    Last edited by jeff_3272; 09-14-2020 at 04:23 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmichaels View Post
    I have been an Evinrude Guide all my Life. I have a 2002 225 HO that I have had very little issues with and it still will shoot my Stratos 200 F&S thru the water at 70 MPH if you so desire.

Very destressed to hear in recent months that Evinrude is going away. Would really like to know what the many insiders say that have been attached to this brand for so m any years. Thanks.
    Evinrude is gone, No more, other than what might be in dealer inventory. Present tense. This decision was extremely disappointing and unforeseen to many many employees who got a permanent layoff due to no fault of their own. Evinrude is still selling parts for many years going forward.
    if you want to read more on different views go to the ETec owners group forum. There is lots to read there. https://www.etecownersgroup.com/categories

5. Member
    anywhere to find a deal on leftover motors? g2?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    https://www.etecownersgroup.com/post...pid=1314776644

This is a great price if you want a 225HO and latest and greatest AK model

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    Evinrude is gone, No more, other than what might be in dealer inventory. Present tense. This decision was extremely disappointing and unforeseen to many many employees who got a permanent layoff due to no fault of their own. Evinrude is still selling parts for many years going forward.
    if you want to read more on different views go to the ETec owners group forum. There is lots to read there. https://www.etecownersgroup.com/categories
    The one big question I have, if Jose' knew he was going to kill the brand why did he let them introduce the I-3's??

8. Member
    Your guess is as good as anyone’s but he does use the recommendations of a few consulting groups. It all sucks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    The one big question I have, if Jose' knew he was going to kill the brand why did he let them introduce the I-3's??
    I think because it was too far into production. That hp range is quite large with aluminum bass boats these days. It is an awesome motor, as is the power tiller. Now all gone. The 4-stroke brainwashing won out which really disappoints me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    I think because it was too far into production. That hp range is quite large with aluminum bass boats these days. It is an awesome motor, as is the power tiller. Now all gone. The 4-stroke brainwashing won out which really disappoints me.
    "4 stroke brainwashing" I agree Sir, There has never been truer words ever spoken.

1998 Stratos 285 Pro
    1989 Evinrude XP 150(E150STLCEM)(08199802)
    2004 Ford Explorer NBX V8
    1998 Jeep XJ 4.0L V6
    House Cat named Patches
    Remington 700, Old Cooey 12 gauge, A lot of Fishing Rods
    Some tools, garden hose with outboard attachment, 3 crow decoys, 8 Track Tape player,
    A Billy Bass, and clothing from the 80's.