Late Fall lure choices for schooling shad

Up to about 8/9 years ago (then I started back deer hunting) I did really well fishing shallow coves where the shad were schooled up...water temp range always had to be 42-44 degrees for the magic to happen. We’d throw rattletraps and do really well catching them 4-7lbs. Any cover in these same cover we’d flip and pitch jigs. I’m wondering with the newfound popularity of chatterbaits/vibrating jigs/swim jigs if these would be a better choice over rattle traps.

Has anyone used the aforementioned baits in place of rattletraps? How did you do? Another part of the equation is that with everyone throwing chatterbaits/flatsided cranks now that maybe a rattletraps would effectively be a “new” bait to the fish.

2. Member
    All of the above works and more. Anything that looks like a shad and you can cover water with is still the ticket.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

3. Scraps
    I've been having some luck using a tail spinner added to a soft jerkbait or a senko. Also saw a trick using an underspin, and adding the tail spinner so two blades on one bait. Just nip the tail off the bait, and screw the tail spinner into the plastic. Can also use a jighead in the bait with a tail spinner. Has a neat action.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD