Merc opti 150 water pump impeller replacement

It is time again. I have done a few searches but have came up empty on where I can get the written down version of this task. I have done it enough times now that I do not need to watch yuotube again. I just need the written step by step script just to make sure I do not miss anything.

Can someone help me with finding this?

thanks in advance
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Member
    factory service manual
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your thread to the correct forum (and there's a link in the FAQ section on that Forum with instructions).

Avoid the "tube"... more costly errors generated from that site than folks realize.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I'll be doing my 2.5L Optimax next week and will finally finish a tutorial with detailed pics and process. Highly recommend you obtain a genuine Mercury service manual for your engine. At minimum, you need to replace the impeller, plate, and all 3 gaskets, one either side of the plate and the one below the pump base. Contact Rhonda at European Marine for the kit...

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Banned
    Silver, this would be much appreciated as i cannot find the tutorial in the FAQ section. I am sure I am just missing it and I have spent quite a bit of time reading today through that area of the thread. I just recently purchased a used motor and no telling when that project was done. So definitely want to get that done by next spring.

6. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Thx. All is good now. Took approx 30 minutes. Alarm no longer goes off after long idles
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

7. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flashman252 View Post
    Silver, this would be much appreciated as i cannot find the tutorial in the FAQ section. I am sure I am just missing it and I have spent quite a bit of time reading today through that area of the thread. I just recently purchased a used motor and no telling when that project was done. So definitely want to get that done by next spring.
    You're not missing it, there isn't one for the 2.5L, which is different than both the 3L and 1.5L. My wife is having unscheduled surgery tomorrow, so it might be next week before I have time to work on the tutorial.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There was one... it was under the Bassboatcentral.com/supertips section (Sherm's Tips). At the moment I can't get it to open, but that's probably just Cloudflare thinking I've opened too many links recently.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Banned
    ya europe, I found it after I posted that I couldn't. I was able to open Sherm's tips yesterday and saw the whole process.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Those are very complete. Only things I do differently are:

-I remove/install in NEUTRAL

-I use Dawn Dishsoap on the impeller (grease can actually attack the neoprene material in the impeller).

12. Member
    Thought there used to be a link to it at top of Mercury forum but don't see that anymore. I'll post my 2.5L Optimax version by end of the week.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

14. Member
    Any updates on the 2.5 water pump replacement tutorial? A few weeks away from doing mine, thanks for any update. I can only find the one for 1.5’s
    ‘04 SeaPro 206CC, ‘04 175 Optimax DFI #OT922039

15. Member
    I keep getting pulled in other, higher priority, directions. I've got the lower unit off, water pump service will be completed today, if I have time, I'll post my process this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

16. Member
    FYI, I got the pics taken, will need to do narrative to accompany, and I've got commitments through Friday, so it may be next week before I wrap it up but it's coming...
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

17. Member
    Very much appreciated Great write up!
    ‘04 SeaPro 206CC, ‘04 175 Optimax DFI #OT922039