Gear case line pump

Where can I purchase a good quart bottle pump other than the cheap one Mercury sells for pumping grease into the lower unit?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    For occasional use, the Mercury/Quicksilver QUART size pump works pretty well. I've got one of those that I use when I'm away from the shop, have had it for about 15 years and it still works fine.

IN the shop, I use a 5 gallon pail pump, with an aluminum threaded fitting (and o-ring). A quick google search yields several viable options for that.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Not sure where I got mine, but it has the aluminum fitting with an o-ring. I prefer it over the plastic fitting.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

4. Member
    Here is what I have used for years in the shops I have worked in and in my home shop. Go buy a one gallon insecticide sprayer at you local hardware store and and the Mercury fill adapter to the end of the hose pump up the pressure and squeeze the handle. The L/U will fill quickly without having to pump one of the quart bottle pumps forever.