Falcon Expert...swim jig

Which Falcon Expert rod for 1/4 to 3/8 oz swim jigs? I’m thinking the “Head Turner” EC-6-1610
    Last edited by Riley-Maine; 09-14-2020 at 10:10 AM.

what kinda swim jig? heavy cover or open water? braid or flouro? I use the cara 7'2" swim jig for open water/sparse cover and use the 7'4" mcclelland rod or an amistad for heavy cover. the head turner would work around tight areas heavy stuff and a heavy wire swim jig where the 5610 might be a better option for light wire swim jigs.
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

3. Member
    Thanks for the info

4. Member
    I use the 72 lowrider 20 swim jig but don't like going above a 3/8 ounce on it because I feel likes it tad light for bigger.
    I've thrown 3/8 on 610 heavy lowrider when around docks or skipping around tighter cover it seems to be ok but I almost always throw braid and hack attack heavy swim jig or something similar

5. Member
    My everyday swim jig rod is the 6'10" 5 power. I get a little more distance than my 6 power I also have better hook up ratio with my 5 power. Plenty of backbone to pull in the pigs.

I have that rod in a Bucoo, and it's pretty versatile. It's got a fairly moderate action to it, so it'll throw just about anything really well. But it also has some serious power to it in the butt section. I use it for topwaters, but now that you're mentioning swim jigs it makes me think I should switch it over to that.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.