Dedicated Battery for Garmin 126SV and LVS32

Is anyone running a dedicated battery for their Garmin LiveScope set up? I just installed a 126SV with LVS 32 and used it for first time this weekend along with two Lowrance HDS12’s. Fished for 11 hours with only about 12 miles of running the Mercury 250. Everything worked fine all day with Mercury starting as normal. My concern is that it took over 11 hours for the Dual Pro 15 amp charger to fully charge battery ( usually only takes 5-6 hours ). Battery is a Northstar X2 less than a year old. Has me wondering if everything will be OK in a tournament situation with livewells running? Thanks Mike

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Z19 View Post
    Is anyone running a dedicated battery for their Garmin LiveScope set up? I just installed a 126SV with LVS 32 and used it for first time this weekend along with two Lowrance HDS12’s. Fished for 11 hours with only about 12 miles of running the Mercury 250. Everything worked fine all day with Mercury starting as normal. My concern is that it took over 11 hours for the Dual Pro 15 amp charger to fully charge battery ( usually only takes 5-6 hours ). Battery is a Northstar X2 less than a year old. Has me wondering if everything will be OK in a tournament situation with livewells running? Thanks Mike

That X2 will handle it. If you use the sleep mode on your Garmin and standby on the Lowrance you will greatly reduce the draw on your battery. I don't leave a unit without putting it in sleep or standby when moving to another spot. Once you get use to it will become second nature. Those big screens suck a lot of juice. I run 3 Gamins with LS and 1 Lowrance.
    Also have the X2 31 series

3. Member
    Thanks. I will definitely try that.

4. Member
    I have an Amped Litium 30amp/hr. Runs my 126sv and two livescopes for over 8+. Fished a whole day on it (about 5 hours) and then another day on it when it went blank after 3 hours (opps, I forgot to charge it).

5. Member
    I use a dedicated 24AH Dakota Lithium Battery ($250.00) on an echomap ultra with the GS10 black box LVS 32 transducer. Was having very poor performance till I did that. The chartplotter and black box have considerable power consumption requirements, units hate voltage drops/surges encountered when wired to the starter battery. Very stable now good performance, I use a quick disconnect #10 wire and take the battery in for charging when home. Same connection on my lithium charger keeps battery at the ready. I will be getting a second lithium battery to either wire in parallel or use one as a as a back up as I have drained the the battery on several outings,

6. Member
    I have the Amped 18ah lithium battery. Get the 30!

7. Member
    I have the 30AH Amped battery. I run a 106 and an NMEA 2000 network with a Steadfast. I have used it for up to 13 hours and it did not seem to be fading at all.

Just in case anyone cares, the terminal bolts are 5mm. I bought a handful of backups at my local tackle and boating store. They are longer than the ones that came with the battery but they screw all the way in.