Humminbird Helix 9 mega SI gn3 trolling motor interference

I have a Humminbird Helix 9 Mega SI GN3 and a Minnkota Powerdrive V2.
    I get interference when I run the trolling motor. Helix is on the console and there is no transducer or depth finder connected to the trolling motor. The interference seems to get through the 3 bank charger and does go away when I pull fuses from my charger line but that is a pain. I put ferrite on the trolling motor power but that didn't help.

Any other solutions?

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Check and see if you can somehow ground your charger. I know it has a three prong hookup with a ground but the issue I found was or is a grounding issue.
    Maybe do as I have done, I have two or three ferrite clamps on my wires to my graphs at the bow. They are positioned near my graphs, then 12” further down then right where they go into my Troll Jacket wrap. I have reduced my interference by a good 90% now.
    But the biggest improvement came when I found that my main off/on switch at the back of the boat was causing the biggest issue because it was feeding back through the power cord at the bow for my graph hookups.

3. Member
    Humminbird makes a choke that goes on the charger leads that are connected to your electronics battery. This should be your answer

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    Humminbird makes a choke that goes on the charger leads that are connected to your electronics battery. This should be your answer
    +1

5. Member
    Just put these chokes on the wires between the charger and the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by konipaul View Post
    Just put these chokes on the wires between the charger and the battery?
    Yes.
    It is included with the purchase of a large trolling motor MEGA transducer or trolling motor adapter for a large MEGA transducer:

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...trolling-motor

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL