I知 thinking about downsizing my boat

I have a Ranger R91 and I fish alone. I知 62 and I知 thinking about selling it and getting something smaller. Let me know if you know of someone looking for a good boat.

Text pics and price to me. I have alot of people hitting my website looking for all kinds of boats for sale.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Send us a good pic, $$$ and motor history.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I have a Ranger R91 and I fish alone. I’m 62 and I’m thinking about selling it and getting something smaller. Let me know if you know of someone looking for a good boat.
    I have thought about the same thing, but an 18 foot glass boat isn't much easier to use than what you have. And if you are considering an aluminum rig, you are giving up ride and opening the door for a lot more hull issues (leaking and such), than in a glass. Not trying to talk you out of it, just make sure it will work for your needs and wants.

"Longer the wheelbase, smoother the ride" Most I sold smaller boats to never really were happy. You definitely won't have problems selling your R91. Good Luck.

6. Member
    It all depends on the brand and how you drive it. I own a fiberglass but have heard good things about TinRigs, if you use it right. Now if you are going to want to fly 60+ mph on Falls lake during July 4th, you might have some issues LOL. But TINRIGS are not built for a lot of chop, more for river sytems.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I have thought about the same thing, but an 18 foot glass boat isn't much easier to use than what you have. And if you are considering an aluminum rig, you are giving up ride and opening the door for a lot more hull issues (leaking and such), than in a glass. Not trying to talk you out of it, just make sure it will work for your needs and wants.
    Good point. I am "only" 52 but the most graceful person you've ever met. I sold my Tracker PT175 to my dad when I went to a TR186. He still has it and we use it in FL. Last time I was on the bow I thought I was going to fall in the water. I never felt it was unstable before but after being in an 18' glass boat, and now a 20footer, I definitely noticed the different. And I also agree that managing the bigger boat is not more difficulte EXCEPT when I have to push it in the garage. That totally SUCKS! LOL.

If I was ever going to downsize, it would probably because I went to a stick steer aluminum boat to focus more on panfish and duck hunting. I think one of those would be awesome and I'd never have to get out of my seat. :)
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

8. Member
    I added a tin boat to my fishing a couple of years ago to give me more access to different bodies of water. I still have the glass boat but I use the tin way more often then I thought I would. I am 6'2 and 210 lbs. and with another person that same size in the boat it is very stable.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

I had a Ranger Z518 IntraCoastal and it got totaled. I now have the RT and find it very stable, willing to take it in more places than I did the Pretty Fiberglass. I too am 62yrs and fish often by myself. Very easy to handle and handles most all conditions just fine. No issues loading , unloading, or trailing it.
    I would check out some of the different tins and see what fits you best.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

I'll down size when i quit
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water