Thread: Head lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Head lights

Have a 2015 jeep need better head light
    any i deals to make them better

JW Speakers are about the best but they're pricey. Trucklites are good, too. I have some Amazon LEDs in mine with halos. They're ok, better than stock but could be better.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

3. Member
    Jeep Wrangler?

4. Member
    By golly dont say LED's or light bars as the BBC mafia will be after you.

Do you have projectors or reflectors? Don't go with cheap LED bulbs, I did that with my fog lights on my truck and they are absolutely horrible. They are brights, but the light is all over the place. If you have projector headlights you can go with some good LED bulbs, if reflectors, there are some that work ok with them, but you really have to be careful with them because the beam pattern isn't always the best. I've been looking into the same issue myself.

6. Member
    Diode Dynamics makes a quality product.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/

Replace my very poor halogen bulbs in my Expedition their LED, same cutoff on the beam from the projector housing but much better light down the road and also to the sides.

7. Banned
    I installed some LED bulbs from Daylead in a jeep compass. As long as leds are installed correctly you wont blind oncoming drivers etc etc. The only thing I had to add was a canbus decoder.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Do you have projectors or reflectors? Don't go with cheap LED bulbs, I did that with my fog lights on my truck and they are absolutely horrible. They are brights, but the light is all over the place. If you have projector headlights you can go with some good LED bulbs, if reflectors, there are some that work ok with them, but you really have to be careful with them because the beam pattern isn't always the best. I've been looking into the same issue myself.
    I put different bulbs in my 2015, they were brighter, but no where near the LED's that come in the 2018 and up. If you really want to upgrade I suggest the factory LED swap.

https://headlightrevolution.com/2014...-housing-pair/

Quote Originally Posted by comanche 487 View Post
    Have a 2015 jeep need better head light
    any i deals to make them better
    I forgot to ask, a Jeep what? I was assuming a Wrangler with the 7" round headlights. Whatever you do, make sure you adjust them after install. Here's how I did the new ones on my Wrangler. Park about 15-20 feet from a garage door and turn on your low beams. With a piece of tape, mark the center of the beams on the door. After installing the new lights, park in the same spot and adjust till your new beams are in that tape range.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I put different bulbs in my 2015, they were brighter, but no where near the LED's that come in the 2018 and up. If you really want to upgrade I suggest the factory LED swap.

https://headlightrevolution.com/2014...-housing-pair/
    I've looked at those. They look good, I just can't bring myself to spend $700 on new headlights. Mine are adequate, just no where near as nice as my wife's on her Lexus. I am going to get a light bar behind my grill, mainly for the backroads around my house and when hunting.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    By golly dont say LED's or light bars as the BBC mafia will be after you.
    The LED Police will be giving tickets out shortly......stay tuned.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I will say the cheap LED bulbs in the wrong housings are awful and you should get chastised for it. LED's in the proper housings are fine. I made the mistake of putting some LED bulbs in my fog lights. When you turn them on, they light up the trees above you which goes to show they completely screwed up how fogs are supposed to work. I just got some new LED fog lights in, but they are in their own housing and they will work so much better because it is able to control the light.

14. Member
    Coach I put hella bulbs in the 2015, like I said better than the puny lights that came in it, but a royal pain to install bulbs on the Tundra.

Our 17 has the factory LED lights and I couldnt imagine needing anything brighter. They are fantastic. Only issue is in wet snow ice will form on them as the LED's do not produce enough heat to keep the housing warm. There are heated aftermarket options.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

16. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Darn.... was hoping this was a boob thread

17. Member
    If you find something that works for you by all means go for it b it please do not be one of the *******s that drive around with light that blind oncoming traffic.

18. Member
    i got these and they have been awesome for jeeps but work on tool trucks also!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brightest-5...72.m2749.l2649
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

19. Member
    Second the JWSpeaker or Trucklite suggestion. Very well made lights, DOT legal and good looking. Any led or hid bulb stuck into the factory housing is not gonna be a great idea. The focal point of the light is gonna be off and likely make less useable light on the road where it needs to be.

Retrofit Source makes some projector retrofit kits with quality bulbs and ballasts that work pretty good.

20. Member
    LED is fine if you use the correct projector housing. Hid with proper housing is even better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast