My Running lights only work in reverse help

? So for some reason my turn signals work my brake lights work but my running lights do not unless I put the car in reverse then they do anybody ever run into this problem

I'm guessing you have a ground wire issue, and when it n reverse the hitch is grounding enough to work. Is this a new problem on a rig that hasn't changed or is there a new component in the mix? If something is new there may be a wiring issue.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I'm guessing you have a ground wire issue, and when it n reverse the hitch is grounding enough to work. Is this a new problem on a rig that hasn't changed or is there a new component in the mix? If something is new there may be a wiring issue.
    Grounding issue is likely. Could be a blown fuse in the truck for running lights as well. Are these LED bulbs or incandescent?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Checked fuse and not it.. also I don't have to move in reverse to have it turn on just holding break and putting in reverse it turns on. Really odd

5. Member
    Like the above say, check out the ground wire, remove and re-tighten if necessary. Disconnect the trailer from the ball when doing your checks. If a swing trailer consider adding an additional ground wire.

We are just assuming nobody has monkeyed with the trailer wiring.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrjbass View Post
    Checked fuse and not it.. also I don't have to move in reverse to have it turn on just holding break and putting in reverse it turns on. Really odd
    When you put the truck in reverse you are apply power to a low resistance solenoid. If the trailer ground is bad, you can end up making the trailer the power conductor with current flowing through bulbs.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Is this a recent problem? Any wiring/plug changes?

8. Member
    Recent never happened b4. And I don't have to apply rev pressure or move just in rev it turns on