Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Part number 18458T4 then is what Europe was referencing for this motor fuel filter? I need to stop looking at everything while I am at work and be in the presence of my motor before searching for parts. Ordering parts that I do not even have on my motor

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flashman252 View Post
    The round can on the opposite side of the motor that looks like an oil filter on a car is the oil/water separator? Is my thinking on this correct?
    Yes. Like Joe said, the 2.5L Optimax uses a spin on fuel/water separating filter and the water in fuel sensor screws into bottom of the filter.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Banned
    Yup, figured that out last night when I pulled the cowl off and looked at everything. I am going to order in everything, fuel filter, spark plugs are on the way, and then figure out how to remove lower cowl and want to look at water strainer and make sure its good while I have lower cowl off. Seen some stuff on that cruising around on this forum and who knows what kind of shape that is in. If spark plugs dont fix RPM issue next time I take it to the lake, then I will have coils looked at and wires. It is hard for me though, I am about ready just to put it all away and store it until next spring but I would really like to get motor part of it working perfectly before I do so. It's almost duck killing time and that is really my first love. Time to pull out the mudbuddy and aluminum hull and go run mud rooster tails in freezing cold.

4. Member
    why wait till spring fix repaired now and be ready, avoid the cluster
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Banned
    Joe.... its called life lol. I really want to get everything done in the next couple weeks and test and then put it away. Believe me I do. As a nurse working 60 hour weeks ever since this lovely virus came through Mother Earth, it has been tough. I will never get away from my roots of chasing fowl and have chased ducks and geese since I was 15 years old. I will be laying in cold corn fields by first week of October. Plan on changing spark plugs and fuel filter this weekend. I will also put quickleen and quickcare in with some non-ethanol fuel. Going to start going that route. Boat does not have gray lines so I'm hoping I do not see the dreaded fuel line issues that I have seen floating around on here. Going to muff it and run in it at idle and see if that RPM issue is still present after it is warmed up. If so, then I will start looking at coils and wiring. If it seems that it fixes the problem, then I am hoping one more lake trip and to test and burn up as much fuel as possible that is left over in the tank and then winterize and come back to it in the spring. I want to mount a jackplate, and I need a new live well pump. I need to get down in there and see because it has the Flo-rite system installed and I can fill tanks but the actual Flo-rite system is not circulating water or pumping water out when nozzle pulled out. So not sure what that is all about but that's an easy fix, just need to pull one battery and the oil reserve out of the back of the boat and then I can get to pump. Have a 3 bank charger that should be here within the week and I am going to have to take some stuff out to get the old 3 bank out anyways. Figure that would be a good time to do the pump as well.

6. Member
    aaahh life yes i can agree ,and thanks for what you do for a living , i too will be watching the earth come too life next week as the morning sun rises as i stand 20 -30 feet high in a tree stand with a bow in my hand for 75-80 days a year for the last 35 years , well be safe out there and good luck see ya in the spring JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Banned
    Plan on sneaking in some work still in the next couple weeks between chasing fowl. Will definitely be on here if I have any questions. And no need to thank me, honestly this coronavirus isn't everything the media has hyped it up to be. I work on a covid unit and have been around MANY positive patients. It really has not presented worse than a common cold in 90% of the people I have cared for. Of course there are at risk populations for every case and the flu would have probably killed the ones that the coronavirus have (that I have witnessed). It certainly is present, but is it something that should have shut down our world? Probably not. I wish we had left the world open, let the strong build up antibodies and the worse thing we did was quarantine the healthy. Never in the history of pandemics have we quarantined the healthy. I think this is truly why it has lingered as long as it has. ANYWAYS.... I appreciate the thanks, but according to some politicians we are just a bunch of card playing fools and dont do anything anyways. So, plugs on sunday, hopefully a lake day the next saturday, and then winterized by monday. JP, Water impeller, and maybe a few other things in the spring for prespawn hogs. JOE good luck to you on your bow hunts. Something I have never done, nor will I ever. A lot of work for 1 shot, and then the work begins. Like when my dog retrieves my kill and getting multiple shots a day and able to chase for 4 months out of the year. No kill out and done til next year. Pork butt and hamburger tastes pretty good from the store. Either way, stick a giant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12