Skeeter FXR - Hummingbird Mega 360 - Chasis Ground Wire Question

Installed the Humminbird Mega 360 at the bow of 2021 FXR and utilized one of the extra accessory wires that were available. There is a third ground wire with a note that says to ground to the boat chassis ground. If I wired into the accessory wire is it already grounded to the boat chassis ground or do I need to run a ground wire from
    the back of the boat to the bow or leave that wire disconnected?

That wire needs to be connected to the main ground

As long as you don’t run the graph on a separate battery you are good connecting to the same ground

If I remember correctly it’s for the wet switch that turns the 360 on when deployed
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Thanks!

4. Member
    Yes put it in a bucket and make sure you use the supplied cables. 1 is vital to make it work even though it’s same looking as existing Humminbird cables

5. Member
    The extra wire technically doesn't need to be hooked up. I ran mine for a year without it and it is still not hooked up. It has no bearing on how the m360 runs or performs. It was originally for electrolysis in aluminum boats. Some people started to get rusty looking screws around the main transducer in fiberglass boats, which is a sign of the electrolysis. So now they recommend always hooking it up. Just hook it together with the other ground.