Thread: SOL

Smallmouth Junkie!

SOL

Need I say more?
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

2. Member
    for a minute I thought you were talking about the wind and smallie fishing on St. Clair lately........so many mistakes during that third and fourth quarter. The sack. Swift doesn't get out of bounds on a meaningless 3 yard pass and then tops himself and drops a gift from Stafford. Good news is he is now officially a Lion and his great college career can be forgotten.

3. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I am in my 50’s and when I was a kid I was the world’s biggest Detroit Lions slappy. My older coworkers most of them are now retired used to bust my chops about it. This was the Barry Sanders day’s when he alone was worth watching them. I have seen more ways to loose a football game over the last 40 years than I ever thought was possible. And many of the ways they have done more than once! My older brother says as long as the Ford family owns them they will always suck. He may be right.

4. Member
    Is anybody surprised? Same thing happens every year, it’s like Groundhog Day. I come in from doing yard work and the Lions are up big. I wake up from a nap and it’s the fourth quarter, after the two minute warning, and the Lions are down.

5. Member
    I’ve been a Lions fan a long time, but today I finally said enough. I got use to the losing games but the kneeling by Stafford and some others along with some players electing to stay in the locker room until the National Anthem was over was the last straw. There is only 1 National Anthem, that will never change!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    I’ve been a Lions fan a long time, but today I finally said enough. I got use to the losing games but the kneeling by Stafford and some others along with some players electing to stay in the locker room until the National Anthem was over was the last straw. There is only 1 National Anthem, that will never change!
    I didn’t see that, damn good thing I was doing yard work.

7. Member
    No pro-football for me anymore. I stopped fantasy football two years ago and am done with the NFL this year. I refuse to waste my time watching a poor performing team (Lions) play in a league that doesn't respect our country. I've got better things to do with my time.

8. Member
    I use to buy gear, clear my schedule and get upset when they did what the Lions do best. After the Jets game (Patricia's first game) 2 years ago, I vowed to be done. I no longer work my weekends around them, I don't buy their products and I wouldn't even THINK about attending a game. I pay attention to them and I want them to win, but it's beyond exhausting having to deal with them.

You can not make up how inept this organization is. You said it perfectly, it is and always will be SOL until ownership changes. Going to be yet another very very long fall. It's beyond hilarious we are 1 week in and already working towards next years draft!!!!

9. Member
    2 games in and this team needs a 6' hole in the ground. What a joke. I'm very thrilled to have my Sunday's this fall to fish!

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

11. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I went Lions free after the Bears game. I have had enough of them. This Sunday was very pleasant.

This organization is like a hot girlfriend that cheats on you but you keep forgiving her hoping she will love you back one day. The team is like a Mustang Cobra with a Ford Focus engine in it. No line on either side of the ball. They have no chance to win like that.

12. Member
    It's been a Pinto for most of my 49 years on this earth. I'm trying to figure out a "real" team to follow. I have family in Seattle and have some Hawks gear....seems like a natural fit.....

Yeah Lions are OK to watch but wouldn't go if you gave me tickets. I can't believe they fill that building if and when it reopens. Literally supporting years of stupidity by a family with too much money to care and gladly takes more of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post

Yeah Lions are OK to watch but wouldn't go if you gave me tickets. I can't believe they fill that building if and when it reopens. Literally supporting years of stupidity by a family with too much money to care and gladly takes more of yours.
    My thoughts exactly!

14. Member
    Sell the team