Took Ethan back up to Stockton... 8-16-2020

The grandson is starting back to school on Monday so we decided to take him fishin' one more time before summer is over. Picked him up Sunday afternoon after church and headed toward Cedar Ridge. When we got there the sun was baring down and there was probably 12 boats in line to launch. We cut through the parking lot and headed back to the highway. We ran up toward state park but decided to launch over on the Big Sac side. Good move... there was only 3 trucks in the parking lot and the ramp was clear. We got in the water in real short order and headed out toward the big water. We went to one of our favorite banks on the Hawker Point side and I grabbed the rope on the troll motor and deployed. When I put my foot on the pedal, all it would do is squall. The armature bearing in the front end cap had seized up. I tried a couple thing to make it usable for the day, but to no avail. So..... we would start the big motor and run in up wind. We would drift with the wind and fish where we could. It made for a rough fishing day but we still had fun and grandma fixed plenty of snacks for us again. Ethan caught the big fish so he was pretty proud of that....

2. Member
    Too bad about that trolling motor--makes for hard of fishing, but catching is still better than just fishing