Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozingor View Post
    Just a follow up....
    I have had the ProXS300 for a few days..... did the 2 hr break in plus some additional time.

As a few suggested, the Fury 27 may be too much prop but a little more time and familiarity with Mercury, Atlas jackplate and trim
    adjustments will tell. Due to the limited time and not quite reached the total break in time, I’ve only run it WOT for limited minutes.
    So far, one short run with two men, gear and half tank of gas ran it up to 77 at 5700 - 5800 rpms. I hope to spend some additional time the week of Oct 12th to work out some details.
    Thanks for any comments!
    . That engine will not spin over or have maximum performance till you hit around 30hrs. I’m no expert but I wouldn’t be worried about proping till you get some more hours on it
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

2. RickMo
    Thanks for additional info Triton 21
    Ive now put more time on the motor and starting to find a sweet spot!
    With a half tank of gas, fishing equipment and just me, I had the Triton 21X up to 82 at about 5950 on the MercMonitor. This is with a Fury 27. I do have a Fury 26 so once I were to switch over it may get the RPM’s up a bit and I fill like I can reach the 83 to 85 mph range. Boat / motor really stick the water and ride awfully smooth but gotta watch it when trimmed up high not to let off the gas tooo quickly! It will bite and offer a little bit of a sharp direction change!

3. RickMo
    Just another little prop update:
    Now that I’ve put some time on the Fury 27 & a few hrs on the 300, the Pro XS will handle the 27 but you gotta work with a jackplate and in my case, I have an Atlas 10” action. Still learning a few things but so far it turns about 5900 and runs at about 83 on Triton 21X.
    So a little low on the rpm’s and also have tried a 26 Fury. The 26 gets out of the hole even quicker and for the most part equals the 27 in both speed/rpms. Still have a lot to work out, only at about 12 hrs!

4. Member
    Interesting topic ,got the same set up on a 20 trx , runing a 25 p fury 78mph @ 5400 rpm ... rpm are low , i was told to go up in pitch to had more load on the engine , engine can be in a kind of limp mode because not enough load ... to be continued ... will be interesting to see your final numbers

5. RickMo
    Circling back to a old topic I started last year;
    2005 Triton TR21X
    Now after approx 75 hours on the Mercury Pro XS300...... I've dropped the Fury 27 to a Fury 26. RPM's are approx 6000 so that's still a tad low. Top speed with half tank of fuel (25 gallons), too much tackle, 2 talons, 10" Atlas .... running 83. Just boater.
    Without the talons I did bump 84+ but that was in March with cooler water. Perhaps could have gotten a little more but in March it was still a "NEW" feeling at 84 and my butt might have been puckered !!
    To get the optimum hole shot, I do raise the Atlas up to a level "5" or slightly more and that gives me a pretty flat hole shot. Just remember to lower a little as you accelerate!

I have not had the opportunity to run a Bravo 4 blade and would love to give that a shot but not sure of the pitch just yet. Why try the Bravo 4 blade? Summer time water temps, co-angler weight, live well weight...... the 4 would give some added hole shot
    assistance. Yep, the Atlas helps and the torque is there but the lift is noticeable with the 4 blade so maybe a follow up later on a Bravo.
    Thanks to all that commented! All comments may help someone based on their boat set up.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12