Power Poles on a PII

I'm seriously thinking of selling my Talons and replacing them with two 8 foot Blades. I have 2 questions. First what bracket model should I go with. (I think it's the PKD-2-2 is correct). My second question is, will the braced brackets block the rear transom strap eyelets. I like how the sturdy the braced brackets appear. Hopefully there is room the pumps since I have a 2 stroke Pro XS.
    Brad Krone

2. Member
    The ones that came from the factory on my 15 P2 were the S-2-2. This was for Power pole II's, not the Blades.
    The brace kit will fit, there will be "some" room for the rear transom straps (if you try to remove them quickly without paying attention - you could end up with some sore knuckles).

The will be ample room for the pumps if you only have 3 batteries. I had all 3 batteries on the port side, with lots of room on the starboard for the 2 pumps and oil tank.
    Adding a fourth battery may require you to mount the pumps on the seat post (which is doable). They may fit on the starboard side if you play with the placement but could make it hard to add oil.

(I had to remove the poles when I move due to garage issues and have sense sold the P2 - sorry no pics)
    Last edited by catmantwo; 09-14-2020 at 07:09 AM.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

3. Member
    I have the Talons for sale and bought two blades and the braced 2-2 brackets. One last question, where is the best place to run the hydraulic lines, through the rigging tube or drill holes in the bilge? I see a lot of wires and electrical stuff run through that area.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 09-24-2020 at 07:30 PM.
    Brad Krone

4. Member
    I ran mine out the same hole that the rigging tubes go in, not the tubes themselves. You may need to cut the ziptie that cinches the flaps around the outside of the tubes, just use a new (long) ziptie to close it up again.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>