Pump Out hose question

Hi guys, not sure if this can be answered here, but thought someone doing restorations on other boats may have a solution. When running the pump out on the port side, the hose in the bilge, for that pump out, leaks really bad. Found this out when my bilge pump started coming on every few minutes. It's not leaking at the pump fitting but seem to be up the hose (where you can't get to it, naturally ). I can barely get my hand in to check where it's leaking. I can get my hand to the outlet at the top of the stern but feel no water there. This is on a 2008 Triton TR21X-HP. I have asked this on the Triton forum but no answers there. Thought maybe someone on here has run across a similar problem. Can't stand for something to be messed up on my boat so this is really getting to me as to how to fix it, so any help, ideas, or possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

WOW.......same answers I got on the Triton forum.

3. Member
    Do you have a big vent on the back, for the bilge? My old POS ranger has the chrome ones, take it off and get access to the "through hull " fitting. Along with the fuel tank vent fittings.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

No, mine does not have the old chrome vents( 1 facing the bow, 1 facing the stern). I assume those are the ones you are referring to. Mine has the small black vents on the inside of the gunwale. My pump out hoses run to the side of the boat & I'm sure will be a pain to fix.
    I do think you for the reply.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    if you can get to both ends of the hose just replace the whole thing and solve your problem.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

The two ends are the only thing you can get to & the end to the pump out you can only feel it, not see it. How they have this hose installed is beyond me. They could have only installed it when the top cap was off. I have been trying to find a way to tie on to the old hose & pull a new one through it but don't know if that would work either. I will try to take some pics of it and even try to find a new route for the hose and just leave the old one disconnected.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    The two ends are the only thing you can get to & the end to the pump out you can only feel it, not see it. How they have this hose installed is beyond me. They could have only installed it when the top cap was off..

Exactly how it's done, take a good look at a gamblers lid hinges. God what a POS design. I built Sea rays for years in phoenix. I also buli my first boat before going to sea ray, and watching this stack built shit was sickening. We had some cool tools at Sea Ray, if you can get your hand in there, this will loosen the hose clamp to get the hose off.https://www.walmart.com/ip/EEEKit-10...chment&veh=sem
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

This what I can't figure out how to get these loose or off. Looks like a slotted tool of some sort that may take them off but have no idea of that. The hose at the pump inside the bilge is not a problem. From the pump in the bilge area to that outlet in the port side is a mystery. You can see only about a foot of hose then it disappears from there to the outlet. I'm not even sure it would feed through once both ends were disconnected. If that's the case I may have to get a new hose, route it bast as I can & just leave the old one there. Again, not sure that would even work. I initially thought that some guys on here that have done restoration with the caps off may have an idea as to what could be done. At this point I'm open to all ideas.
    Thanks Scott for that idea. Appreciate your time and experience.

IMG_0459.jpg

9. Member
    Just a through hull with a hose clamp on it. I don't have one close to look at. Can you get your hand in there to feel the hose clamp? It should be the same as the one on the pump. Worst case scenario , pull the rubber step pad off, heat gun should loosen it up so it can be used again. Cut a hand hole to get to the clamp. You can either glass that cut out back in, or put some supports under it so you can have it removable just in case you have to get back in there. Glue the rubber pad back down and no one will know. There might even be an access hole under there??
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

10. Member
    This is the type of clamp on the end https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/f...6-a9b1d16e48dc

You can put them on with a flat head screw driver, a nut driver or find the socket that fits, they are not all the same size. If you can get your hand in there and hold a socket on the nut to loosen the clamp, then that's were the flexable drill/driver attachment will be handy. Most cases there is not enough room for a socket wrench, and a flat head screw driver is just a pain in the ass. You should be able to get a socket on it, just match it up with the hose clamp on the pump.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

Isn't there some way to take that stainless outlets on the side out?

12. Member
    No. Here's a plastic one https://www.eslsupply.com/perko-5-8-...925&CADEVICE=c

They have a nut on the inside that holds it in place, The hose pushes over the end and the hose clamp holds it in place.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

Actually like this. Stainless steel. I don't think it has to be removed, just remove the clamp from the fitting. I'm sure the hose has been on that for probably 12 years so I don't think it will just fall off when the clamp is removed. I don't think there is enough room to pull it off but may be to get a razor knife on it and split it. Not even sure if there is enough room for that either. Makes you wonder what goes through an engineers mind when building this.

S-L1600.jpg

14. Member
    Are you sure it is the pump-out hose. Port side leaks on Tritons are usually e-ladder leaks or rub rail leaks. Recommend you 1) dry your bilge, fill your livewell with a hose, then run the pump-out to ensure that is the source of the leak.

Your pump out hose runs
    From pump....under port storage...then re-emerges near forward end of e-ladder tube. Should be easy to run a new hose once you get the old hose off the thru hull fitting (that will require a small left-handed teenager w/ a 1/4” socket and a box cutter.).
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Yea, it's the pump-out. I found this out in my driveway. I can fill my live well, plug it at the rear of the transom, turn my pump-out on and it leaks like crazy from the hose at the port outlet. Can't tell where the leak is exactly but it's coming from behind the storage. I can only get my hand so far & can feel the water coming down the hose & then to the bilge area. Don't have a teenager but my wife is left handed ( small hands) but not very mechanically inclined, sorry to say. Thinking about selling my boat soon so would like to take care of this. Only thing that's wrong or doesn't work. Other than this, it's in very good condition. Couldn't be something simple or easy to get to, not my luck, lol