Thread: 08 250 HPDI

08 250 HPDI

I have a 08 250 HPDI and it feels like it is cutting out and seems hard to get on plane. Any ideas what could be the issue? TIA

2. Member
    Change the plugs.

3. Member
    Start with the basics. Below are the steps I would take.

Step 1 - Any maintenance that you are behind on (Plugs, Filters, Diaphragm pumps, etc) & Is your fuel ok? No water present, not ancient gas, etc.
    Step 2 - Do you have fuel pressure, compression, and spark in all cylinders?
    Step 3 - More in depth diagnostics using new symptoms and observations you have from work done above.

Thanks, I have it in the shop now for filters and plugs. Hopefully that takes care of it

5. Member
    Fuel/water separating filter

Seems like new plugs and filter corrected the problem. Took it out in the river this morning only to have the motor in my oil tank go out. It never ends lol

7. Member
    I have a 2006 225 HPDI And went through the same thing changed all the filters but didn't help. It turned out to be the Throttle position sensor was out of adjustment with the ECM even had the mechanic scratching his head for a while as nothing showed up on diagnostic when he ran it. So You Might try that