Soft floor issues

I have looked at a few cats that have soft spots in the floor. Is that a indication of more problems ( transom, stringers) or is it just a poor maintenance issue? Does the wood get wet around the drain or is it a poor sealing job from factory?
    thanks

2. Member
    poor storage, poor maintenance. whatever you want to call it. most boats 20+years ago were built with wood and if they were stored improperly and allowed to stay wet would cause rot. could be more problems, but the only way to know is to cut the floor out.

It’s fatigue on the 20 year old class, and it always starts just right or the rear drain, where the first step is. Over time it’s gotten weak in that area, then it ails and eventually dry rots, which let’s water permeate the floor.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 09-24-2020 at 10:29 PM.

4. Member
    Look for a 2000 or newer-no wood, no rot

5. Member
    You must be talking about an old BassCat, when is the last year that they used wood in the flooring system?

2000/2001 were last years of wood in a BCB. I know on my 1996 when I got that soft spot it did not worsen for 3 years but after 3 years the transom got soft (motor mounting bolt silicone had got ruined allowing water into transom around mounting bolt). My boat was immaculate and always stored indoors.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"