2021 Vexus 1880 on its way to my garage!

Finally my boat is at the dealer and will be making a road trip from So Cal to Southern Utah on Monday morning. Vexus number 2 in the state of Utah.

Vexus 1.jpgvexus 2.jpgvexus 3.jpgvexus 4.jpgvexus 5.jpgvexus 6.jpg

As you can see I had a few mods done. A cleat was added at the drivers console, Speedometer delete, and the ever popular Trick steps added and welded to the frame. At the helm I will adding a phone mount were the Analog speedo used to be. All Garmin electronics. I have vessel view and a keel shield ready to install once I get it home. I am beyond excited!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    Looks great. Really like that blue

3. Member
    Exciting stuff!!
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

4. Member
    Very nice looking Rig........Congrats.

5. Member
    Congrats!! Looks awesome!! I just did the factory tour this past weekend!! Seen some cool stuff!!! I like the idea of the speedo delete.... I bought the Ram X-grip phone holder, I may do the same when I order mine and put the phone holder there.....
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

6. Member
    Congrats on your new boat; looks great

Great looking rig. Congrats. You will like the boat more each time you take it out.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

8. Member
    LOOKS GOOD !!!

9. Member
    Super stoked for you! Let us all know how the keel shield install goes. You are gonna love your new Vexus!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

My boat was delivered today. I spent a few hours on the water. The boat drives like a sports car. Rides through chop like a glass boat. Totally exceeded my expectations!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Member
    Great to hear!!!!! Let us know how that keelshield install goes!! I actually ordered the VesselView off ebay but my dealer talked me into returning it and going with the MercMonitor. And put it where the speedo usually is... he says the Vesselview doesn't auto connect each time u get in your boat and the MercMonitor is like $200 more than the VesselView.... So I bit... LOL
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin LV34

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve-n-Protect View Post
    Great to hear!!!!! Let us know how that keelshield install goes!! I actually ordered the VesselView off ebay but my dealer talked me into returning it and going with the MercMonitor. And put it where the speedo usually is... he says the Vesselview doesn't auto connect each time u get in your boat and the MercMonitor is like $200 more than the VesselView.... So I bit... LOL
    keel shield is installed. PITA doing it solo. I don’t see anyway possible for it to come loose or off. I bought the one for a 20ft boat. It was too long so I cut about 18 inches off. Took my time with the scuffing. I used masking tape to hold the shield in place. Then used masking take to outline the area so I didn’t scuff outside the area. Applied the activator and let it dry. Make sure everything lines up straight. Once it sticks, it’s down. Once I secured the center area I removed the masking tape around the edges and stuck down both sides..then used the rib applicator in all the rib areas pressing hard. Once that was done I concentrated on the front and leading edges to make sure there were no gaps. Then used a rubber mallet and tapped the entires length just for good measure. It looks factory.
    The vessel view module has be be mounted forward on the motor. That eliminates the connection issue. The Mercury monitor is still the way to go. I found vessel view on EBay for 107.50. Open box.

13. Member
    Oh nice!! Did you use 5200 3M silicone on the edges of the keelshield? I've done that in the past on glass boats... I was talking to Nick Barr at Gator Guards and he recommended the 7' for the 1980, so that's the one I ordered. I'm going to try and talk the factory to install it for me... LOL Great find on the Vesselview, I thought my $174. shipped new was a good deal...LOL
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin LV34

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    keel shield is installed. PITA doing it solo. I don’t see anyway possible for it to come loose or off. I bought the one for a 20ft boat. It was too long so I cut about 18 inches off. Took my time with the scuffing. I used masking tape to hold the shield in place. Then used masking take to outline the area so I didn’t scuff outside the area. Applied the activator and let it dry. Make sure everything lines up straight. Once it sticks, it’s down. Once I secured the center area I removed the masking tape around the edges and stuck down both sides..then used the rib applicator in all the rib areas pressing hard. Once that was done I concentrated on the front and leading edges to make sure there were no gaps. Then used a rubber mallet and tapped the entires length just for good measure. It looks factory.
    The vessel view module has be be mounted forward on the motor. That eliminates the connection issue. The Mercury monitor is still the way to go. I found vessel view on EBay for 107.50. Open box.
    Great info! Now you just need to make a trip East to fish our Ozarks lakes and come by my house to slap one on mine!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Great info! Now you just need to make a trip East to fish our Ozarks lakes and come by my house to slap one on mine!
    Heck, I'll buy lunch and gas money if ya slide by St. Louis when I get mine in....
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin LV34