Helix 7 not showing depth or temp after upgrade.

I updated my Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2 and finally got a chance to use it. After getting all the settings back I cannot see a depth # and only on some screens a temp #. In simulation everything is fine. I have a hi def HDSI 180 T transducer installed. the first choice that comes up when selecting transducer in sonar is Compact SI.There are about 8 other choices. I don't know if this is the issue but why doesn't the unit automatically know what transducer is hooked up?
    Could I have forgotten to re-set something after restoring defaults? I messed around with whatever I thought would help but still no luck.
    Any help would be appreciated. Software version 2.320
    Wish I could get everything to work and look as good as it does in simulation.
    When all else fails, go fishing.

Your unit does not have the 800 kHz capability for SI so it doesn't have a setting for the HDSI transducer. Compact Side Imaging is the setting to use the HDSI transducer. What you gained using the HDSI transducer is longer SI piezos which produce a thinner Imaging pulse=sharper images (typically).

There are issues with the last couple of software updates for the second generation units. Do a Restore Defaults to see if that fixes it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Went out for a few hours this morning. Reset defaults. Nothing. Got all the settings back to where they were and nothing. But on the way in the depth flickered on and off a couple times at higher speed. Temperatures showed up but were off the charts high. The depth lines were correct to the maps which thank god I have. Anything else I could try short of sending in the unit for a look?

4. Member
    P.S took pic of the screens to show what I am talking about.

5. Member
    Contacted Hummingbird and was told there are definitely issues with the temperature readouts which will be addressed in future updates, but the depth readouts could be with the head or transducer. Their answer was to send both in for service. Of course unit is out of warranty and they would not help in that regard. Stinks that unit was updated and now something doesn't work and I have to pay for it. If the unit wasn't sucking the life out of my battery in standby mode, I probably wouldn't have updated.
    Wayne- any thoughts on anything else I could try before taking it off and paying to have it looked at? Defaults reset while on water and connector is tight. Maybe a setting is wrong somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachKWJ View Post
    Contacted Hummingbird and was told there are definitely issues with the temperature readouts which will be addressed in future updates, but the depth readouts could be with the head or transducer. Their answer was to send both in for service. Of course unit is out of warranty and they would not help in that regard. Stinks that unit was updated and now something doesn't work and I have to pay for it. If the unit wasn't sucking the life out of my battery in standby mode, I probably wouldn't have updated.
    Wayne- any thoughts on anything else I could try before taking it off and paying to have it looked at? Defaults reset while on water and connector is tight. Maybe a setting is wrong somewhere?
    No other ideas, my G2 Helix 7 SI GPS crashed when I did the update when it was released and before it was removed from the website. It was replaced by the G3.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL