Two questions evinrude etec 200hp 2006

Hey guys,

First question when i lower my trim it makes like a squeezing sound for 3 seconds then stops, I raised it all the way up and and took the cap off to check power trim fluid filled it up and it stopped i was able to lower and raise with no sound. About a hr later when i go to put it back on the motor mount it did it again? Any ideas? There was no leaks on the ground or anything.

Second question when i was raising it i noticed this, Should i be concerned to get fixed right away i honestly dont know how long its been like that. See picture

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Trim tab is broke off. You need one. It has a hole for water to go into the exhaust. If you run without you can melt prop shaft seals.
    Sounds like air in your trim/tilt. Try up down all the way a few times and check fluid level again.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh31 View Post
    Hey guys,

First question when i lower my trim it makes like a squeezing sound for 3 seconds then stops, I raised it all the way up and and took the cap off to check power trim fluid filled it up and it stopped i was able to lower and raise with no sound. About a hr later when i go to put it back on the motor mount it did it again? Any ideas? There was no leaks on the ground or anything.

Second question when i was raising it i noticed this, Should i be concerned to get fixed right away i honestly dont know how long its been like that. See picture

Thanks

Do u have to bleed it or are they self bleeding?

4. Member
    TNT units self bleed when moving from from top to bottom.

5. Member
    This is what they sent me does this seem right ?

6. Member
    Need your engine model number to cross check. Part numbers and design are different between the lightning lower unit and the magnum.
    Last edited by bighare; 09-24-2020 at 06:48 PM.

7. Member
    To be clear.,the picture you provided is a cover plate used on the lightning lower unit.
    the broken part in the first image is the true trim tab. This is clear because of the cast-in position numbers. The rudder, fin, tab is broken off.
    how this broke is due to the tab being struck by a really ridged object. Maybe the prop? Maybe not the prop as shown but another one of some type.
    because the boat is a stratos bass boat, I suspect the Lower unit is the high speed lighting lower unit, but with someone adding the trim tab to add more cooling water to the exhaust to cool the prop hub.
    Last edited by bighare; 09-25-2020 at 07:48 AM.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Model number please.

9. Member
    Sorry here is a picture of the motor

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep sent you the wrong part. You do need the trim tab part #0338742, there is also a seal that goes under it but that still may be there if not 0331409 on a different note your motor is a 2005 and not a 2006.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Yep sent you the wrong part. You do need the trim tab part #0338742, there is also a seal that goes under it but that still may be there if not 0331409 on a different note your motor is a 2005 and not a 2006.
    Well well. There you have it. My suspicions were incorrect. Perfect example to all posters why the engine model number is extremely important for postings here and parts selection by dealers. And to paraphrase Arthur Fonzarelli- I was wr, wr, I was wrong.

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    Well well. There you have it. My suspicions were incorrect. Perfect example to all posters why the engine model number is extremely important for postings here and parts selection by dealers. And to paraphrase Arthur Fonzarelli- I was wr, wr, I was wrong.

No not really, you didn't know the model and either did I, That is rule #1 here. Back when Elgin used to love us Model and Serial were required. At least the model # minimum but we instituted the SN so the old Red Head could could get on dealer port (RIP) and see the history. Keep on keeping on Big Guy!!