Lake Jocassee help

Going on family trip to lake Jocassee. Carrying the bass boat. Any fishing advice. I’m not expecting much luck from what I read about the lake. Thanks

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You'll need a SC license to fish the majority of the lake. It is beautiful gin clear water. Both LM, SM and trout. Check out the water falls. Be careful when the wind gets up it can get nasty quick. Finesse baits will get you bit. Have a top water tied on too. Caught a 9+ lake trout up there on a Sammie knock off.

3. Member
    We were there about a month back. Main lake points with a 1/4 oz shakey head and your favorite black worm...….caught a lot of nice spots and a 5lb largemouth.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03 202 View Post
    Going on family trip to lake Jocassee. Carrying the bass boat. Any fishing advice. I’m not expecting much luck from what I read about the lake. Thanks
    You got some bad info. You should get pumped up about the Jo!! I fish there year 'round. Amazing quality of fish. Largemouth, spots, smallies, and trout.
    Have a shakey head or two and a drop shot at all times. For shakey heading, look for steep rocky banks and coves.
    Go over to the dam, especially if they're pumping water. Best is the left side near the cliff. Have several varieties of spoons ready to go. It's a feeding frenzy if they're pumping water and just work the spoon like a slow crankbait. No need to jig it up and down.
    Also, an underspin will produce on Jo as well. And leave the braid behind unless you plan to tie on a fluoro leader.
    Also, if you want a guide, Sam Jones will put you on trout.
    Attachment 425840Attachment 425842Attachment 425843
    Last edited by djb750; 12-18-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250