Oh where oh where did my Panopitx go?

Installed a Panoptix PS22 transducer on my ECHOMAP Plus 73sv and the first time I took it out on the lake it was fine. Went to the lake today and it's like it wasn't even there. Didn't show up as installed on my unit. I checked and it's plugged into power and the unit itself powers up and works correctly. Checked fuses and they're not blown. Anybody have any ideas on what's going on? I'm bamboozled.

Try a system reset. Ask me how I know !
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Might be a power supply issue. What gage wire is feeding your chartplotter, I installed a Echomap Ultra with life scope and had big performance issues because I wired the units into an open toggle switch on the dash control panel. Panel was wired to the same battery used for starting the motor, lights, bilge ect. I now run a dedicated lithium battery for power wired to a seperate marine fuse panel, worked fine ever since.

slssimcoe

4. Member
    Talked to a guy last night and he suggested the system reset also. While talking to him he mentioned a software update. When he did I remembered that between going out the first time and yesterday I did update the software to the latest version. I'm not sure what gauge wire it is (whatever Ranger put in when they built the boat) but since it worked fine the first time I'm thinking software instead of power. Plus the only thing I had on using any battery when up front fishing was the ECHOMAP and battery's were fully charged and bought new this spring.
    Just started using this unit so I don't have a lot of info that I'll lose if I do the factory reset. I'll let you know what happens.

5. Member
    Just tried two system resets. Panoptix still doesn't show up as connected. Any other suggestions?

6. Member
    When mine did it, it was due to power to the black box.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You checked the fuse but how are the connections (butt connectors, etc.)?? any of those loose?? Do you have a friend that you could swap units out or move the transducer over to their boat to check?? That would be the route to go.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    I have the older PS22 transducer so there is no black box like the newer livescope version.
    Checked all the connections and fuses and it has power, no fuses are blown and the Panoptix cable is securely attached to the back of the unit.

9. Member
    Mine does it too, but powering down and restarting or system reset has always brought it back for me. What is weird when it happens with mine is if you go into the menu and look at connected devices, the ps22 shows up. But there won’t be a tab for Panoptix like it’s not even there. It’s annoying for sure.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I had a PS22 so i understand how it operates. Have you tried swapping head units or boats with someone else?? That can help figure where the issue is.

Also, did you have it saved as a "favorite" button??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Powered down, restarted. PS22 does not show up as a connected device. Had just installed it a couple of weeks ago so it wasn't saved as a favorite. Don't know anyone else really close by that has the same set up to do a check with another head unit. All connectors are snug. A visual check of the wires doesn't show any kinks or bad areas. Just put a volt meter to it and I've got power to the connectors where the PS22 is hooked up. Quickly running out of ideas.

12. Member
    Recently ran into this. Cleaned all the connections and started working again. (dont forget the unit to cradle connections)Some guys say use dielectric grease.