Solix 12 Not opening map card

I have a Solix 15 @ console with map card and a 12 linked at bow. When I turn the 12 on it does not see the map card tho it is selected in settings until I pull card in the 15 and re insert it. Why is this?

2. Member
    Are they synced with both having same software version? Try toggling the chart global to on in the setting widget then restore chart defaults. Boot the unit with the card in it 1st as well.

3. Member
    I have had this issue with my Solix 12 & 15 since day one. If the map card is at the helm in my Solix 15, I need to start the Solix 12 at the bow FIRST, then start the Solix 15 at the helm. When I do this, the Solix 12 will get the mapping. If I turn on the Solix 15 first, then turn on the Solix 12, the Solix 12 will not read the card. Which ever unit has the map card, it needs to be turned on last for the other unit to pick up the mapping...

Both my units are up to date on software and have been paired a few different times tying to correct this. Mine are Gen 1 from 2018.

M

4. Member
    Yes! That is exactly the case with mine! I don't guess theres much you can do about that other than power on the bow unit then the other and put it in standby. Oh well just something to deal with.

5. Member
    If the correct map is selected in settings, chart, humminbird, (legend or other, not base map). You should be able to do express menu from chart screen, humminbird settings, map data, and select without powering off or removing card and reinstalling. If you shut unit with card in it off last, the other unit shouldn’t divert to alternate map source.

6. Member
    correct map is picked in settings. Doesnt matter what you do, if the bow unit isn't turned on fist you have to pull card and re insert for it to see it. Period. It doesnt divert once its seeing the map unless the console unit is powered off. Just will not see card unless powered up first or card is pulled and put back in. Tried it many different ways.

7. Member
    I have 4 Solix 12s, the map card always in master unit which is the one I turn on first and off last. I power the Ethernet switch prior to any units and turn it’s power off last. I’ve had a few times that I needed to select in hummingbird settings per above but very few. Map card is visible on other three and they are turned on after. Don’t agree with “doesn’t matter what you do”. Just trying to help, your doing something wrong if your softwares up to date and you have synchronized the network.

8. Member
    Dunno what I'm doing wrong I've synchronized them more than once and made the console with the card master. Gotta I'm not holding my tongue right!?