No More Fuji S.I.C. guides?

Am I missing something somewhere? ... Or are the old style SIC guides not available any more? Can't find them offered anywhere in single foot spinning guides? If anyone can guide me to a dependable source I'd appreciate it.

2. Member
    Just looked and Get Bit has the old Y frame SiC's

I have not heard anything about SiC rings. It could be a supply issue from China due to COVID.

I know the black gloss frames are no longer available. The coating process did not pass the new environmental standards in China, so it could no longer be offered. Yes, Fuji guides are made in China.

4. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post

I know the black gloss frames are no longer available. The coating process did not pass the new environmental standards in China, so it could no longer be offered. Yes, Fuji guides are made in China.
    Really? That sucks. I'm gonna have a bunch of mismatched sets then.

Same thing happened to the matte black alconites from Japan back before the gloss black alconites.

Yeah Scott - I believe the Matte Grey was the replacement. Unless something changed, but I remember reading about it a while back. I think there is a still a pretty good supply, but could be wrong. I don't use them much and most of our private labels have moved to fazlite when we use Fuji.