Does it really matter

What color buzz bait you throw on rainy or overcast days? I've always heard gold blades on overcast days but its a reaction bite and never really figured blade or skirt color came into play outside of water clarity.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

2. Member
    i have used nickle blades forever

I've caught bunches on both silver as well as gold. I honestly believe they strike at the commotion and pay little attention to the color. Skirt color very seldom matters either.

4. Banned
    If its white it's right...... Bill Dance.
    I dont think it matters much. I use silver blades and white skirts. Will use a black or chartreuse trailer.

5. Scraps
    Rainy and overcast I'd be throwing a black skirt. Don't know if I'd care about the blade. Then again I only have black or gold blades, fish mostly dirty, shallow water. I think the blade/skirt color thing gets overblown. Most guys have some success and think that their combo is "it." Now maybe that is that black and gold blades on overcast is the large percentage of the success stories. I think it's more about being able to put that buzzbait into tight spots.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    I think there may be rare occasions where color does matter, but 99% of the time I don't think it does when it comes to a buzzbait. I use white with silver blades most of the time, but that's only because it's what I have caught the most fish on and therefore have the most confidence in. I've caught bass on black with silver blades, black with red blades, black with gold blades, white with gold blades, etc... As stated, it's where you can put the buzzbait that counts much more than the color.

7. Member
    I fish a buzzbait every trip. I throw 2 colors. Black/purple with black blades . Table rock with silver blades . both have purple in skirt.

Black buzz anytime. Black has more definition. Now if it was a spinnerbait, then gold blades.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Member
    Im usually tying on a black buzzbait rain or shine. Like others have said, I think they’re mostly going for the surface commotion.

10. Member
    I used to think that way. But I've seen too many times they wouldn't touch a black or white, but put a little chartreuse in there and they would tear it up. By tearing it up I mean 30+ bass. I'm guessing it's when they are dialed up on a bream bite.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    I used to think that way. But I've seen too many times they wouldn't touch a black or white, but put a little chartreuse in there and they would tear it up. By tearing it up I mean 30+ bass. I'm guessing it's when they are dialed up on a bream bite.
    I don’t have that issue with buzzes, but spinnerbait or chatterbaits I have. Be using dark colors and slide on a chartreuse trailer and it changes the whole bite!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs