what are you using

For a spool pin removal tool. I bent three pins trying to remove them from Lews reels using a tool like a four way tire iron.
    Works good on my other reels. Any help would be appreciated .

I've used these for many years without a problem.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Boca...6%20Components
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I've used these for many years without a problem.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Boca...6%20Components
    breaking waaaay too much for me! went through 2, and I've only used them a few times each.

5. Member
    I had several lews super duty reels that I ran into the same thing. After messing up 2 boca pliers and bending the hedgehog tool I ended up contacting lews and getting new spools. I had no problem removing the spool pins in the new spools. Still not sure what caused this but I haven't had any issues since. The hedgehog tool has been the best that I have found when dealing with spool pins.

6. Member
    Tapered pins?
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Tapered pins?
    Yes, the Lew's have pins where one end is narrower than the other. That could be why some people have problems getting them out if they are trying to push on the wrong end.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    I had to get three new spools and am aware one end is tapered.

9. Member
    Yes the pins are tapered. The ones I had trouble with had never been removed. Whatever the problem was with the pins it was like that when I purchased them.