Moving to Florida.......

Per NBC Today Show more than 1,000 people a week are moving to Florida from New York and other large cities. The cost of a 2 bedroom apt. in a middle income or up scale neighborhood in New York City cost one million dollars and these people can buy a million dollar home on the beach or lake for equal cost or less in Florida. Most are moving to south Fl. but urban sprawl will increase throughout the central portion of the state. Ya'll have a great day.

2. Member
    I seen something saying, right around 1,000 a day are moving into the State. Have for sure seen the growth. Went from the Air Force Base in the panhandle, to the one on the east coast. Patrick's. To Plant City when I was 8. Crazy how it all grew!

I know you have seen more of it than me!
    Last edited by 250bassFL; 09-13-2020 at 10:31 AM.

3. Member
    I’ve lived in Central Florida all my life, except what years I was in the US Army, but here’s something to think about. A few hundred years ago a native american (an indian) looked up and saw some europeans coming ashore (invaders). Several months later more of them showed up. As time went on they inhabited the whole eastern seaboard and look where the native americans are today. Today in Florida the growth is unchecked and poorly planned with a thousand home developments going in with a swimming pool in each backyard, no planning for the schools or traffic, or impact on the environment, FWC is spraying every body of water they can get an airboat in. The invasion continues. Along with this problem we have have the invasion from our southern border with some small communities being overrun or taken over by the hispanic population. This is just how some of the Florida natives view the situation. Have a nice day from central Florida.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury49 View Post
    I’ve lived in Central Florida all my life, except what years I was in the US Army, but here’s something to think about. A few hundred years ago a native american (an indian) looked up and saw some europeans coming ashore (invaders). Several months later more of them showed up. As time went on they inhabited the whole eastern seaboard and look where the native americans are today. Today in Florida the growth is unchecked and poorly planned with a thousand home developments going in with a swimming pool in each backyard, no planning for the schools or traffic, or impact on the environment, FWC is spraying every body of water they can get an airboat in. The invasion continues. Along with this problem we have have the invasion from our southern border with some small communities being overrun or taken over by the hispanic population. This is just how some of the Florida natives view the situation. Have a nice day from central Florida.
    Yep, got Indian in my blood. Grandma didn't claim it like lots do, but she was 3/4 Cherokee indian. Sons mom the same way, and she didn't file as either. But it is something else how population doesn't slow. And I go to the Zephyrhills Moose Lodge often, and most are from up north living down here.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    Per NBC Today Show more than 1,000 people a week are moving to Florida from New York and other large cities. The cost of a 2 bedroom apt. in a middle income or up scale neighborhood in New York City cost one million dollars and these people can buy a million dollar home on the beach or lake for equal cost or less in Florida. Most are moving to south Fl. but urban sprawl will increase throughout the central portion of the state. Ya'll have a great day.
    This, plus most of them will continue to support liberal politicians that created the extremely high cost of living, taxes and stupid laws, thus making Florida exactly like what they moved away from in the first place..... Can't fix stupid.
    Brad Krone

6. Banned
    I would guess it's well over 1000 per day now. Our daughter wants to move here near us. She lives in SW Fla because it's just way out of hand down there. They are selling their house there and wanted to rent or buy here. There are almost NO rentals except for twice the normal rent, and the houses here are selling in just days, if not hours for top dollar. The house next door to us just sold to a couple from Kenosha SITE UNSEEN. Wife and I spent the morning looking for a house for our daughter to buy and it's slim pickings and probably 10k more than 2 or 3 months ago on a 200k home, and climbing. This is the biggest sellers market I've ever seen, and I've seen some good ones over the years. People are bailing out of the smurf colored states in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury49 View Post
    Today in Florida the growth is unchecked and poorly planned with a thousand home developments going in with a swimming pool in each backyard, no planning for the schools or traffic, or impact on the environment, FWC is spraying every body of water they can get an airboat in. The invasion continues. Along with this problem we have have the invasion from our southern border with some small communities being overrun or taken over by the hispanic population. This is just how some of the Florida natives view the situation. Have a nice day from central Florida.
    This is no lie and its getting worse. The value of my house has doubled in 19 years. They are running out of space here. Next will be high risers cause they will only be able to build up.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    Things are selling like crazy here as well. I live in Deltona, which lies about half-way between Orlando and Daytona.

The house across the street a simple 2-2 that had the single garage taken away to make it a 3-2, had so many people coming to look at it it was nuts. Then our neighbor on one side also listed theirs (nice 3-2) and there were so many cars parked on the street they were fighting for space.

The OLD house across the street is Pending at $170,000. It was last sold for around $100,000. The one beside us was bought last year for $198,000 an is Pending after less than a week at $235,000.

9. Member
    Story is no different up here in NE FL. I am in the business of Building Multifamily Apartment Complexes, currently 80% of our work is here in Florida, when normally it is spread out evenly from Texas, Al, Georgia, Tennessee, SC or NC. Housing markets are booming here as well. Glad we’ve got the small piece of property we do now otherwise we couldn’t afford to buy the same in the future.

10. Member
    Living in the property management world here is what is going on in a lot of FL. Generations of NE folks who's grandaddy handed down paid off property are selling and buying cash down here. Cash deals made up a small percentage and now a lot more.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Living in the property management world here is what is going on in a lot of FL. Generations of NE folks who's grandaddy handed down paid off property are selling and buying cash down here. Cash deals made up a small percentage and now a lot more.
    I'd believe that. When I moved in 2000 lots of folks where I was raised in NW Pa told me that the cost of living would kill me here, well truth be told they were just spouting the same words they had heard their mammy and pappy tell them for years (generations) in an effort for them to never leave the home area.

I'd already checked into it and the Cost of Living was equal or less than where I was at. Pay Rate was HIGHER. Taxes were Lower. Overall costs were lower. So I had a much better living than I would of ever had back there.

But to the Granfather's land, that was common back there too. Lots of folks owned property that had been paid for for generations before they came along and they just took it for granted. When I moved here I found real quick that to go out and buy 100-200 acres cost a fair piece of coin and wasn't free like so many had handed to them back home.

Now the pricing on Land and Housing has caught up with them back there. See old remodeled several times over houses selling for what a New House here would go for and i just scratch my head and ask why? So lots of their Kids are now selling the Farm and heading to better jobs and opportunities to be found elsewhere, including Florida.

Example I had one old HS Classmate loose their sh!t on me over a comment about the cost of living. Their complaint was that after working for 40 years they were only making $10.00 and there was many like them in the area. My thoughts were "why are you still there then?".

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    Per NBC Today Show more than 1,000 people a week are moving to Florida from New York and other large cities.
    I was working out in the garage this afternoon and this tune popped on. Turning out to be true, kind of made me smile...enjoy

And NO hate intended.