Thread: Egypt

Egypt

Saw this on the lake website, can anyone tell me if they will allow a 21’ bass boat or will the hammer me?

BOATS – TYPES PROHIBITED
    A. Racing type boats.
    B. Boats with loud, open or uninhibited exhaust systems.
    C. Pontoon boats exceeding 28 feet and hull boats exceeding 20 feet

If so, what sense does it make to allow a 28’ pontoon and only 20’ bass boat?

I’ve never been there but was thinking of making the trip in a couple of weeks to check it out, either in my boat or my buddy’s 20 footer. Anyone have any pointers on what the bass may be doing this time of year.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

You will be fine. Just watch the speed limit
    the power plant is set to be greatly downgraded this fall.
    fish the grass, there is plenty of it
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

3. Member
    Thanks Todd. I’ve heard rumors that it may shut down but I don’t know how true that is. Looks like a good sized lake with lots of offshore points and humps. Looking forward to fishing it
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

It’s going to be really missed this winter. As hard as it gets fished it produces well.
    have a safe trip
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Power plant is suppose to shut down next month on the main generator #4. They will continue running two smaller ones. Don't tell the Lake Patrol your rig is 21' and he won't get out a tape measure to prove it. Speed limit is 35 mph. Main point of contention is: No casting within 10' of a dock. Some homeowners can get downright ugly about it. I've only had the Lake Patrol called on me by a couple range-limited dock owners. Fished in the middle of two docks that were at least 40' from each other. I cast to the bank. Got into a disagreement with them as I was casting a minimum of 20' from either dock. One of them stated I was being an "a A--H--e" and my reply was that HE was an "a A--H--e". Lake Patrol came over and we chatted a bit...basically he was just wanting to keep the peace. Nice guy and he stated he's seen me out there a lot and everything was good. I live on the lake. I don't mind guys flipping, but different opinion if they are throwing crankbaits. Wouldn't want my grandkids getting hooked by someone's crankbait they broke off in the grass or dock, where they swim. Shad schools are getting thicker and bass action should be more active in a couple weeks. Good luck on your trip.

Ernie

6. Member
    Thanks for the info Ernie

7. Member
    Hey Ernie, is there any grass matts there this year?

Yes on the grass mats

9. Member
    Sounds like an old Missouri boy might have to try this lake as well.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"