Thread: Ultrex question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultrex question

My ultrex is about 5 yrs old. Been and still is great. Been at the lake this week and something is going on with the foot pedal. Turns to the right normal but when I press down with my heal to turn left it turns but very slowly and really hard to push down. No issues with the remote and not every time with the foot pedal. Getting more frequent though...thoughts?

2. Member
    Bad sensor. It is a recall. Get it to a warranty repair place and it will be fixed free of charge.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    You would think you could just enter your serial number and have them ship the correct part especially with service centers spaced so far apart and being so backed up.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    You would think you could just enter your serial number and have them ship the correct part especially with service centers spaced so far apart and being so backed up.
    That would be nice but doubt they will do it.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Bad sensor. It is a recall. Get it to a warranty repair place and it will be fixed free of charge.
    I never got anything from MK about it being a "recall".... Mine was still under warranty but rather than ship the mtr 200 miles to an ASC and be down for who knows how long. I bought one and was back in business for my next tournament.
    It was definitely an upgraded piece from what I removed..

7. Member
    I saw the video That is posted and went to Gulf Coast Trolling motors in Houston. I was told that there is NO recall and if there was that I would have to remove my trolling motor and bring it to them. I just bought the new steering sensor for $93. and change.
    George

A lot of folks do not understand the difference between a Technical Service Bulletin and a Recall.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    A lot of folks do not understand the difference between a Technical Service Bulletin and a Recall.
    Well then please enlighten everyone. I was told the word "recall" now that was from an ASC. Now did they mean recall.. or did they mean TSB... I don't know. But yes a lot of people may not know the difference myself included, but it may be different between companies as well.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

10. Member
    A recall is like your truck. You get a letter from the manufacture that states your product has a problem with it that might cause damage to the truck or someone else and that you should bring it to a repair shop the get it repaired at no cost to you. this recall is usually related to safety problems. Airbags and baby carriages are some that come to mind.

A Technical service bulletin is a notice to repair shops that a particular item on a product could be or is defective. If that product comes into the shop for repair of any kind then repair shops are asked to check that item to see is it is the correct improved item. If it is not then the repair shop is authorized to replace that item with the new improved item at no cost to the customer. These service bulletins are usually non safety related.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    A recall is like your truck. You get a letter from the manufacture that states your product has a problem with it that might cause damage to the truck or someone else and that you should bring it to a repair shop the get it repaired at no cost to you. this recall is usually related to safety problems. Airbags and baby carriages are some that come to mind.

A Technical service bulletin is a notice to repair shops that a particular item on a product could be or is defective. If that product comes into the shop for repair of any kind then repair shops are asked to check that item to see is it is the correct improved item. If it is not then the repair shop is authorized to replace that item with the new improved item at no cost to the customer. These service bulletins are usually non safety related.
    This is correct. The sensor board was a problem early on and ASC's were authorized to replace the version 1 sensor boards and would get our money back with a warranty claim. It was NOT a recall. Same on the steering cables. Original cables were too stiff and causing breaking. New cables are more limber and don't break as easy.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    This is correct. The sensor board was a problem early on and ASC's were authorized to replace the version 1 sensor boards and would get our money back with a warranty claim. It was NOT a recall. Same on the steering cables. Original cables were too stiff and causing breaking. New cables are more limber and don't break as easy.
    Good to see you on the board John. Hope your doing well !
    When mine went out I called your old shop and the newbies got me fixed right up.

13. Member
    Mike, glad to hear that. Around here they seem to be keeping the reputation that I started going. I think they will be fine.
    take care

14. Member
    When did MK change the design on the sensor? I have an Ultrex that was purchased in July and I would like to know which I have.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

not positive -- thinking mid 2018. you should be fine if this past July.
    You can tell by looking under bottom side of pedal with heal all the way down. the sensor is about an inch wide and 6 in long.. the ribbon wires that run the length of it are exposed, with the update they are potted or incased in black plastic.

16. Member
    Thank you.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    When did MK change the design on the sensor? I have an Ultrex that was purchased in July and I would like to know which I have.
    They were updated within a year of when the trolling motor was introduced. Updated (just a running update like other parts) a couple of times since then.
    John

18. Member
    What was in this video, it wouldn’t work for me. Thanks

19. Member
    Was this a fairly simple fix ??? I’m semi-mechanical. LoL

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gclayfam View Post
    I saw the video That is posted and went to Gulf Coast Trolling motors in Houston. I was told that there is NO recall and if there was that I would have to remove my trolling motor and bring it to them. I just bought the new steering sensor for $93. and change.
    George
    Was this a fairly simple fix ?? How long did it take to get the part ?? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast