Youghiogheny Dam 9-10-2020

I was invited to fish with a friend today. Mike had called and in addition to fishing wanted to see how his new Lowrance was going to work. After replacing a bad fuse the Lowrance came to life. Pretty cool as it is more updated than mine with a touch screen.

I met him at the 40 ramp. I'm not a fan of this ramp with low water as the angle is really low and requires a lot of the tow vehicle in the water. But the docks are in and we didnt have any issues. I think maybe three other boats were out at 8am when we put in.

The water level appeared the same as Monday. It was a very calm day and the water was much more clear. It was like we had rented the lake for the day as boat traffic was very, very light.

I picked the first spot and we did ok catching 2 bass. I think they were both large mouth. Nothing big but they where nice.

Mike picked the second place and again we caught two. If my memory is right they were both large mouth.

Now I should correct the wording, " WE " translates into Mike caught four bass. The funny thing is the bass was caught on three different lures, and we both using the same lures.

Thinking back at least one had to be a small mouth as it put on a show with some leaps out of the water and a mad dash to try and get under the boat. It was a great four hours of fishing. Though I'm trying to convince Mike he needs a boat two feet longer as I'm spoiled with my Skeeter.

Now this might be my last report this year on the Youghiogheny. I am getting foot surgery on Oct 14. I have three trips planned for the Mon. Yeah that's what the other sticker is for on the boat, I like to put in at Ten Mile Creek. The have a nice park and launch there. Then I want to try for some Walleye around Sprindale on the Allegheny. This is where I grew up and some of my home waters.

Lastly I have a few trips planed with my wife to Raystown. So unless I hook up with Mike I'm not sure I'll make it back. Then again maybe I will try to get back you just never know.

2. Member
    I forgot to show you one of Mikes bass.

20200910_091823.jpg