Reasonable spot lock trolling motors

What are opinions on a reasonable priced spot lock trolling motor. Have a smaller aluminum bass boat that weights around 2000lbs and thinking a 24v 80lbs 45in

2. Member
    That should be enough trolling motor for that boat I had the same thing on my 20ft bass boat I just went with the 112lb Ultrex and love it

3. Member
    That seems like a totally reasonable option. I have been happy with my 80lb Terrova.
    On my old 16' aluminum bass boat a 55lb thrust was plenty.

4. Member
    mdhacker444 you can never have to much trolling motor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10bites View Post
    mdhacker444 you can never have to much trolling motor
    Never too much...have a 112 on my 17' triton haha. The battery compartment is interesting to say the least

Had my Xi5 since they first came out and will by another when the time comes. It's a 55lb but it's on my 14 foot horsepower restricted reservoir boat. It keeps me pinned in any wind.

7. Member
    That’s what I’m have on my 17’ Xpress and worked fine

Paul Lemieux - Brookhaven Ms.
    07 X17 Xpress / 115 Yamaha

8. Member
    Awesome, trying not to break the bank lol

9. Member
    The xi5 or Motorguide tour pro if it’s ever released .... depends if you want to network them to some fishdinders

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhacker444 View Post
    What are opinions on a reasonable priced spot lock trolling motor. Have a smaller aluminum bass boat that weights around 2000lbs and thinking a 24v 80lbs 45in
    What is reasonable to you? Remember it needs a built in GPS and electric steer for spotlock to work. Do you need a foot pedal? will 54" work or only a 45"? Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

11. Member
    Xi5 is a little less than the Terrova.If you go with the Xi5,make sure it has the latest Pinpoint module.I bought one right when they came out,and it was nothing but issues.Dongle update did nothing,and many calls to MG.Had the cord wrapping problem,and after 2 years it committed suicide and broke the wires to the GPS module.I replaced the Pinpoint module last spring after selling the Terrova that I put on in 2017.I sold the Terrova to get an Ulterra,and had to wait to get motor/battery set-up.Used the repaired Xi5 for the time waiting,and it performed perfect.Even on a calm day,it did very little hunting.

The new part is encased in hard plastic vs rubber,and the wires are more protected.Something to consider if anyone is reading this and has an older Xi5 that is problematic.

12. Member
    45 inch should be all I need, and was planning on linking with fish finders. Really just gonna use it for basic usage to thoroughly fish a spot then move on. I seen models on YouTube that are linked and follow a contour line and not sure how I would get along with that

13. Member
    If you want the fishfinders hooked to it you need ipilot link. That raises the price as you will need an ethernet switch and a cable to go to each unit. Just plain ipilot will give you spotlock but will not talk to the other HB fishfinders. From what you are saying in your first post is not needing ipilot link. Many of the Bass guy's just get the ipilot. Most of the multi specie guys want the link because of all the features and HB map features. You should read up on the 2 different systems before you decide. I think the option is about $700 to get the ipilot link. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

14. Member
    Check out the Motorguide Xi3. May be the best option...
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105