20' 1992 Ranger 491v p2p setup (porpoising bad)

I'm about to lose it trying to set this unit up.
    20' Ranger 491v with 2000 Yamaha vmax and Power Tech 22p prop. I've been from 1.75 to 3.50 below the pad and it's constantly porpoising at 22mph. I have an older jackplate with a 7" setback that takes me 45 minutes to adjust in my shop and cant adjust on the lake.

2. Member
    When you’re running at 20ish mph are you trimmed all the way down? That speed is very tricky not to get a little porpoising but I would expect with the motor trimmed all the way down and keeping the PTP around 3 1/2” it would be manageable. If you speed up slightly with the motor down all the way, at what speed does it clean up?
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    When you’re running at 20ish mph are you trimmed all the way down? That speed is very tricky not to get a little porpoising but I would expect with the motor trimmed all the way down and keeping the PTP around 3 1/2” it would be manageable. If you speed up slightly with the motor down all the way, at what speed does it clean up?
    It be trimmed all the way down and I've tried trimming up slowly to see if it levels out but only gets worse. I figured 3.5 would be a very close recommendation

Have you thought about talking to Chris Bailey? Heard good things about his foils.

5. Member
    Try a four blade prop as they have better handling characteristics . But why 22 mph why not just just a little more throttle to power it level not all boats back then were designed to go that slow as you are on the bubble where it’s trying to fall off pad .

6. Banned
    4 blade prop and might go deeper than 3.5 p2p ran my rude at 4" p2p