98 21' 409 javelin F/S

First, thanks for allowing me to join this forum.
    I'm looking at a 98 21' 409 Jav FS. equip with 225 vindicator, new top end w/ roughly 50 hrs. She's extremely clean, almost pristine. Every switch every light in working order. Probably one the best well cared for boats iv ever seen. Not sure if prop except it's 4 blade, no JP.
    My questions start with this!
    Is $8950 on the upper end of asking price?
    What performance/ride can I expect?
    From what iv read throughout this forum iv seen nothing but good things about the jav but little about the 21' 409 with the 225. Mostly the rud 200's
    I do have multiple options for the JP size that seller will throw in. 12- 8 - 6 inch?????.
    What should I look for on the compression test values? Good vs evil about the 225?
    Anything I can do / should do to carbs?
    Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by Oilfieldtrash; 09-10-2020 at 12:47 PM.

If the boat is in that great of shape and the motor runs well I'd grab it. Your compression numbers will vary from gauge to gauge. So you want to see consistent numbers between the six, (all within 10%)
    I'd put a 6 inch JP on it and your existing prop is probably a 23 Renegade Bass. If the motor is strong and you add the JP you should be able to run a 25 Trophy. I like Merc props because they have so much more to choose from, vent holes and that allows for maximum performance. Get a Michigan Wheel #200 hub kit and start running Merc props. I don't like the Merc hub kits, they can lend to prop shaft issues on the OMC/BRP prop shafts.
    Rebuild the carbs if need be. Also, go to the Evinrude forum and ask the pro's there what and how to check/do.
    Check the hull with a dead blow hammer by tapping on it and listening for a sound that differs from the rest. Your looking for rot.
    If it all checks out I'd pay the asking price quickly as she won't last long. Think about it, your getting a near 21' boat for 9K compared to how much is a new one?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Thanks Tom, sounds like solid tips!
    Exactly what I'm in need of.