Slidemaster jackplate

My buddy had a stratos with a slidemaster manual jackplate that we can’t get the the bolt to turn that raises or lowers the motor. We loosened the 4 bolts on the sides an let the motor down trying to let some of the pressure off of it so if it was in a bind maybe an I’m afraid we r going to break the bolt we have been putting so much pressure on it. Is there something we need to do other than loosening the 4 bolts on the side an turning the center bolt to move? We can’t get it to turn at all it’s like somethings is got it locked so it can’t b moved an we sprayed some stuff tryn to get it to break free no luck. Any advice would b appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    Just a suggestion. You may want to use a floor jack under the skeg to put a little lifting pressure on the engine. Use a piece of wood between the motor and the jack. Spray some WD-40 on the nut and threads on the jack plate. Spray the slides on the plate. Try moving the engine around a little as you work the lifting bolt up and down. You may want to remove the side plates/bolts to help with this. Be patient and do not force anything.

3. Member
    Be very careful, I'm no certified mechanic but iv Seen broken skags from same issue.
    If possible use hoist as if you're removing engine to assist with weight relief. But definitely rock engine to help...