Benzie County Lakes

I own property in Benzie County and usually fish Lake Michigan a lot for salmon with my big water boat. I am lucky enough now to own a bass boat as well and plan on taking it up to Benzie County with me as well. What is your favorite lakes to fish up there? Which lakes should I stay away from? Thanks in advance for your imput.

2. Member
    Welcome to the good side! You're going to love jumping off the merry-go-round and actually casting for your fish!!!

I live on the West side of TC and fish out there a lot. In all seriousness, you can't really go wrong with any lake. Glen, Crystal, Platte, Herring, Lime, Little Traverse etc. They all have fish. I personally favor Crystal, no reason really, I just like it. The only lake I don't hurry to is Little Platte. There is fish in it, but the entire lake is about 2' deep, just not my type of lake.

3. Member
    Thanks man, I don't plan on getting rid of my big water boat. I leave it in Frankfort all summer long, so I can tow the bass boat back and forth. This way, I have both boats up there t use. I like the looks of the Herring Lakes and have fished Turtle Lake, but like to try others. Crystal is a very nice lake.I used to live in Frankfort but I was forced to move inland. Things we do for women. I loved it on the west side.