Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Maybe have a slide adjustment installed just like on a car. You'd sit higher and could slide forward enough to reach easier.
    Last edited by Mike Daleo; 09-10-2020 at 10:38 AM.

2. Member
    E.Fox....don't even bother responding to people like that idiot. It just gives them an incentive to continue.
    As for your question, just use your favorite search engine online and search for adjustable boat seat mounts and you'll get a whole range of types and styles. Pardon the pun, but I'm in the same boat!

3. Member
    you can add spacers to the steering wheel, move the hotfoot or install an adjustable seat
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Fox View Post
    2008 Skeeter 21i....is there a difference in the console space in the brands or the accessories.

Thanks for the manners.
    I have the opposite problem being 6'6", there are lots of different console spacing in boat brands. I can't get under the console of a nitro and feel like I'm sitting way up in the air. When I bought my boat I looked at lots of different boats and there were only a very few that I could get under the console and also have the legroom for a hotfoot.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

Consider a steering wheel spacer too. Couple of the newer boats have adjustable seats already.. Maybe you could buy a bracket and rig it on your seats.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Maybe you could take your boat to an upholstery shop and have a special cushion made that will lift and move your position forward to be more comfortable and provide better control
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

7. Member
    Hey all! I'm looking for suggestions on modifying my bass boat. Here's the issue - I'm a girl in a man's world. If I'm seated properly in the captain's seat, I can't reach the hot foot or the steering wheel. Yes, I can move the hot foot, but I still can't reach the steering wheel. I currently scoot as far up as possible, but man it is a work out to hold myself there. It's not safe when traveling at 73mph either. Have any of you shorter guys or other women out there found a way to safely make the seat adjustable like in a truck? I need about 6" of adjustment ideally.
    Welcome to BBC - I see you are from Houston. Do you fish Lake Houston

2019 Z19

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Hate this title it’s 50/50...buy a boat that fits you stop the troll...essentially nobody gives a f...
    Anybody else read his interests in his profile? LOL

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Member
    Might post on the Skeeter board and see if anyone else had the same issue and how they solved it
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

10. Member
    I'm thinking a combination of a bunch of these suggestions is probably the best approach for a comfortable and safe drive. My boat has adjustable seats, when my Wife drives, she just slides it forward......then I go to sit and crunch.....
    6'3" guy trying to sit where my 5'2" wife sat....happens in the car and truck too.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Anybody else read his interests in his profile? LOL
    Guy is full of poo

12. Banned
    It's all gonna depend on how the seats were made and how they're attached to the boat. Some seats are 2 piece and the back is supported by the back deck... I'd call the Skeeter factory and see if they have any suggestions... Dan

13. Member
    My wife puts the throw preserver behind her back when she drives my boat and that works pretty well. She is 5'-3".
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

14. Member
    How tall are you?? You should be able to move the hot foot close enough to the seat (Although it might require a new throttle cable if you're moving it that far) Also I'm pretty sure they make spacers to bring your steering wheel closer. Should be a pretty simple fix, but I'm not sure how cheap it would be lol.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

15. Member
    I have a buddy whose hot foot was mounted incredibly close to the seat so that he could reach. He is 5'4ish and it worked well. He was running a Nitro Z8 at the time. Perhaps you could have the hot foot remounted to suit your needs?
    2012 Phoenix 721/250 Pro XS

16. Member
    Remove the seat, add a piece of 3/4" marine plywood that extends further out and reinstall your seat where you need it.

17. Fishing is a Passion
    Erin,

Is the fiberglass under the seat solid or is there a hole for storage. If it is solid there are numerous seat slide units available that would attach to the fiberglass and then attach the seat to.

There are options to remedy your situation.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

I'm in teh 5'7" range and this has been an issue for me as well. In my current BassCat Eyra and my previous Triton TR21, I was able to adjust the hotfoot back towards the seat enough to make it comfortable. The Triton did not have a sliding hotfoot so I just had to physically move and re-bolt the hotfoot down (also have to make sure the cable doesn't bind or fully opens the throttle). The one on the Eyra has a slide mount and I was able to get it back far enough. Another option on the seat side, depending on how they're mounted, is to take them up and move the drivers seat forward. This would be workable in both my BassCat and the Triton but I'm not sure on the Skeeter.

Al, I'd vote for a perma-ban on RangerDawg, that was uncalled for, end of discussion.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

2008 Skeeter 21i....is there a difference in the console space in the brands or the accessories.

Thanks for the manners.
    They make a slide for the hotfoot, as for the seat I think you'd have to modify something to work. Or maybe a thicker seat back to push you forward?
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

20. Member
    Your more than welcome! I think I typed in "sliding seat base", or something like that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast