Power drive 50# 12v prop not spinning.

Fished on vacation for 5 days powerdrive 50 worked great. Right before I left this morning the prop wouldn't turn. It steered fine. Push pedal button and could hear a click sound in motor but no prop spin. I just stowed it and came home from vacation. Any ideas?? Won't be able to get to it till after work tommorrow. Thanks for the help!!

2. Member
    Remove the cover off the head of the motor. apply 12 volts to the wires going to the motor. If the motor runs it the board if the motor don't run there is a problem with the motor.

3. Member
    ditto

4. Member
    Got a few hours today. Jumped the motor at the head and prop spins. Took the base apart and jumped it at the wires into the spring cord prop spins. Get a clicking sound from the black box but no spin. No visible damage or broken wires. Motor does still steer. Battery meter still works. Guessing the whole board needs replacing. Any thoughts.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Got a few hours today. Jumped the motor at the head and prop spins. Took the base apart and jumped it at the wires into the spring cord prop spins. Get a clicking sound from the black box but no spin. No visible damage or broken wires. Motor does still steer. Battery meter still works. Guessing the whole board needs replacing. Any thoughts.
    Yep the whole board
    What model V1 or V2?

6. Member
    V1. 50# 12v

7. Member
    Where can I get another board??

8. Member
    Board on the V1 is obsolete. You will have to convert to V2 or buy a new troll motor. Parts for the V2 as follows Board 2884055 ~ $155.00, Foot pedal 2994728 ~ $103. This is just the plain jane setup. New the motor is ~$1200. I think it is worth it if your motor is in good shape. Even if you pay someone to install. It is quit easy to do. Just take pictures of how it is before you replace it. I have a 12 volt board here, but I can not warranty it. I can let you have it for about $75 + shipping.
    PM me if you are interested.

9. Member
    My old V1 did the same thing. the speed "pad" on the pedal is what took a poop so even when you turn it on it powers on but the board thinks your still in "speed 0"

As bradrofish mentioned.. you can "update" it. definitely the cheaper options if you want to keep it
    2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209

10. Member
    Newsflash... This just in, I have a bt/v2 motor with the side to side pedal. Sorry about the mix up.

11. Member
    The board number I gave you is not correct for BT. 2884055 without Autopilot. 2884057 with autopilot.

12. Member
    Thanks for the help. Got a great headstart.

13. Member
    Board ordered.2884055. Actually learned a lot taking it apart and troubleshooting. Might add copilot over the winter.

14. Member
    Board was in the mail yesterday morning. Had the tools ready to go. Quick 15 minute swap. went fishing in the afternoon and all worked well. Thanks for the great info. Another case here for BBC help saving money and headache!!