Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All fish @ 30 Ft ?

Hey guys, I was out on Canadarago lake today and had a very tough unusual day, Seemed like every fish in the lake was sitting in 25/ 30ft of water from one end of the lake to the other ! And nothing out there was biting ??! I threw everything I could at them and nothing.. Seems very odd and I have never seen my graph like that before across the entire lake ! anyone dealing with anything similar or know whats going on ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Lowe Stinger 170W - 2002 Mercury 75 HP ELPTO - Garmin Echomap 73sv - Lowrance Hook 2 - Minn kota Ultrex 80lb

2. Member
    That lake really sucks. Since the weeds died. Stuff on the graph could be panfish. Or carp. Only reason to goto that lake is to get away from your family for the day.

3. Member
    I second what Alumicraft145 said. Those big marks could be walleye, or carp.. small ones I’m betting are perch or alewives on the bottom. The walleye have taken off pretty well recently on that lake, more and more people are fishing for them. Ever since they started killing the weeds a couple years ago the largemouth fishing has been horrendous. Still a few out there but the 20 fish days are gone now.. I think susquehanna bass had a tourney out of there and 16lbs won it back in June. So it’s still turning out decent fish it’s just slow and hard to find them.

for reference On how bad that lake fishes, I live just under 20 minutes from the launch and I’ve been there twice in 3 years.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    I've had some killer days there, and some horrible days, and I've fished it alot. It's just always been one of those hit or miss lakes for me. Easy access and less crowded always kept me coming back. This season I haven't been there much since little after the spawn. Just been better fishing at a couple of the other local lakes. From where I am they're all about an hour away so it's kinda take your pick.

5. Member
    Yeah I have seen my better days there behind me, maybe about 5 or 6 years ago it was incredible fishing, Seems like its getting worse every year. I like it because its only 20 minutes for me, Im in Frankfort. But the reason for this post is, why are there so many fish just sitting on that 30ft depth and not active, I went from one end to the other at slow speed and the graph was full the entire way !! I have never seen that before and I have been going there a long time, Here is another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Lowe Stinger 170W - 2002 Mercury 75 HP ELPTO - Garmin Echomap 73sv - Lowrance Hook 2 - Minn kota Ultrex 80lb

6. Member
    Those fish are loaded on the bottom! I’m thinking baitfish or perch especially in that number. If you didn’t get bit or even feel taps though I’d lean more towards baitfish cause those perch on Cando attack everything.

i grew up in Frankfort and moved to Mohawk a couple years ago when me and my wife got married. I think I’ve seen your boat before haha only a few bass boats in Frankfort and most of them I know haha if you ever seen a red and white nitro or a green/white ranger driving by, that’s me
    1995 Ranger 481v

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I second what Alumicraft145 said. Those big marks could be walleye, or carp.. small ones I’m betting are perch or alewives on the bottom. The walleye have taken off pretty well recently on that lake, more and more people are fishing for them. Ever since they started killing the weeds a couple years ago the largemouth fishing has been horrendous. Still a few out there but the 20 fish days are gone now.. I think susquehanna bass had a tourney out of there and 16lbs won it back in June. So it’s still turning out decent fish it’s just slow and hard to find them.

for reference On how bad that lake fishes, I live just under 20 minutes from the launch and I’ve been there twice in 3 years.
    agree its not like used to be but (think like a fish tourn services) had a tourn on there and it was won with a 22 lb bag mid/late july... ive only had (2) 20 pound bags there in my life and that was years ago in the spring. I really wish they would leave the weeds alone in all these lakes.

8. Member
    Always wondered if there is whitefish in that lake.

9. Member
    It took 20+ on Cando this year in July I knew that lake has some good fish in it but I always had the 15-16lb mark in my head for winning weight on an outstanding day.
    1995 Ranger 481v

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    It took 20+ on Cando this year in July I knew that lake has some good fish in it but I always had the 15-16lb mark in my head for winning weight on an outstanding day.
    No Sir .. 21.87 first place with lunker as a 5.71 was also a 5.52 caught same tourn by another guy.. was July 25th Second was 15.11.. susquhanna's one tourn few years ago was same high 21's it can produce at times but most times stingy. Susquhanna bass is on it sunday I expect weight to be horrible.

11. Member
    Those big yellow marks in your first picture look like bait schools. The fish that are bunched up in your second pic look like perch schools.

Your lure presentation couldn't compete with all that natural bait that day. Those fish probably had full bellies.
    Last edited by Sabre Fan; 09-13-2020 at 11:52 AM.

12. Member
    I fished Susquehanna bass for a bunch of years. Those guys could catch 20#s in wal mart parking lot after a rain storm.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Just as I suspected weights were horrible in todays tournament.. mid to high 5lb bag got ya in the top 5! Think 14 of 24 boats zeroed! Canadaragos fishing tough... think 13 and change was winning bag

14. Member
    Wow, guess it matches up with how it is then... I never have fished it in the fall, does it get any better ?

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LoweStinger View Post
    Wow, guess it matches up with how it is then... I never have fished it in the fall, does it get any better ?
    never fished it much in fall spring used to be super good... so many other lakes fishing so much better in recent years, rarely get there anymore. There is big smallies in there.

16. Member
    I've had a few great thanksgiving days fishing there. Not sure if it would still be good. Will find out this year.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Heres the offical numbers ... Only 3 boats out of 24 weighed in 5 bass 14 boats zeroed 1st was 12.73 second was 11.12 3rd was 8.01 and 4th 6.66lbs 5th 5.78 6th 5.62... fair to say Darago is fishing horrible.

18. Member
    That’s a rough event.. Cando sure went down hill the last few years. Moraines the same way. Used to be amazing for such a small lake and now a 10lb limit is good
    1995 Ranger 481v

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    That’s a rough event.. Cando sure went down hill the last few years. Moraines the same way. Used to be amazing for such a small lake and now a 10lb limit is good
    better weights then Black lakes dash for cash ... lol.. talk about a lake that went downhill...5lbs got ya top 20...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    better weights then Black lakes dash for cash ... lol.. talk about a lake that went downhill...5lbs got ya top 20...
    Dude that’s so bad for the dash for cash!
    1995 Ranger 481v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast