skeeter 20 i mounting a BBT console mount

Wanting to add new HELIX 12 to my 2009 20I and was thinking about using a BBT mount. Has anyone used a BBT CONSOLE mount on a 20I.

2. Member
    All I can say is BBT mounts are solid. Used them on my ZX225 and am about to add units and use them on my FXR. Precision Sonar and BBT will not disappoint.

3. Member
    You need this form precision sonar, you will also need a steering shaft extension. Don’t buy the one from them it doesn’t work and it’s made of steel and weighs about 20 lbs. I found this ext. on amazon I think it’s 1.5” tall. The brackets are angled and fit the big plug in the back perfectly.
    AA05A5AF-024E-405A-87EF-85A3CE1E0307.jpeg

4. Member
    Either route is a solid choice. Correct me if I’m wrong though with the BBT you will not need the extension?

5. Member
    My concern is i took my old 998 out of the dash and there is no fiberglass to screw the new mount to. Just 2 pieces of plastic one is pretty thick. Is that what most skeeters have under the dash. i think that would hold the new mount just trying to find out if that is what others on here did was screw it to the plastic pieces.

6. Member
    You need the extension if you want the tilt to work at all.

7. Member
    Thanks for all the help. I ordered the BBT mounts for console and front deck this afternoon

8. Member
    Bass boat technologies mount came with a new back plate. Hardest part was undoing my Yamaha digital gauges. It is a very solid mount and no extensions are needed
    2007 Skeeter 20’ I class with 250HP Yamaha HPDI

9. Member
    My install was relatively easy. I didn't have to undo any of my gauges. everything turned out great.