1996 Mercury 200 EFI Fuel Issue

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a bass boat that came with a '96 200 EFI (serial number: 0G349364) that turns over but will not stayed cranked for any amount of time. I am also using an external tank of fresh gas when trying to crank. I know that the motor sat for about 6 months without being run before I purchased it.

Here is what I have done so far:
    1. I have already checked compression on all 6 cylinders and all is well there.
    2. I have checked to make sure all spark plugs are clean and getting spark, which they are.
    3. I have replaced the fuel filter.
    4. I have checked to make sure the fuel pump and oil pump are both working.
    5. I have removed the bottom portion of the VST and cleaned it out with Carb Cleaner as well as cleaned the pump screen as best I could.
    6. I removed the metal cover that houses the fuel rail, injectors, and such and found that the gasket had deteriorated quite a bit at the bottom.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I feel like it is probably my injectors, but I would like to get some other opinions before I try to take the injectors out and have them cleaned.

Thanks!

2. Member
    better check see what fuel psi doing first ,posible pump/ECU or restriction in system check it all or risk a powerhead failure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    How would I go about checking that?

4. Member
    test port on vst with pressure gage might rent one at auto store
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................