Thread: 2020 zx200?

2020 zx200?

anyone who runs one of these.....whats your honest opinion on this boat? Pros-Cons. Starting to consider this boat and want all the input I can get. Thanks in advance
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

2. Scraps
    I don't, but looked real hard at that model when I bought my 17 Phoenix. Changed now I think, I liked both the 17 and 20 layouts of the 200ZX. Would also look at the 21 ZXR when available. May start a fight, I like the looks of the ZX better than my boat.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I don't, but looked real hard at that model when I bought my 17 Phoenix. Changed now I think, I liked both the 17 and 20 layouts of the 200ZX. Would also look at the 21 ZXR when available. May start a fight, I like the looks of the ZX better than my boat.
    Just fyi, no change in the '17 and '20 ZX200 models....

4. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkeith View Post
    Just fyi, no change in the '17 and '20 ZX200 models....
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    I have one. Bought it in January. Been running ZX200's since 2002. Great boats if you like 19'5 boats. Obviously, I do. That's how long it is. It ain't 21' long. Not as much room on the front deck for rods as on a longer boat. The rod butts are up in front of the trolling motor pedal. Gets small if you have a bunch of rod on the deck.

You can put 8' rods in the rod locker. Tips go up to the bow, but no issues. I carry over 20 rods. Took out the rod tubes. Use Stick Jackets. No problems.

Had a little trouble with the hatches leaking until I tightened up the latches and tightened every screw in the aluminum framing and the hinges. Skeeter did not get them tight. IMHO, the hatch framing drains the wrong way contributing to the problem, but the issue is very minor since I did my thing.

Broke the hinge on the cooler. My mistake. I tried to force it down with a hunk of ice in the frame. Skeeter covered it under warranty. No other boat problems. I re-rigged all the electronics. Traded in a wrecked boat, so took my stuff off and put on the new one. Got rid of the Helix 7's and the 80- Ultrex. Put my Mega 10's on both bow and console. New transducers, etc. Put my 112 Ultrex on and changed to a 4 bank charger. A lot easier to rig than some of the older models.

Couple trailer problems. Had a brake caliper come unbolted. Heard it in the driveway rather than on the road. Jacked it up, put the bolts in, but could have been a problem.

One of the diamond step plates on top the fenders came off twice. Second time, we put in on with rivets like the old Easy Loaders. Skeeter covered under warranty.

General comments: Seats are great. Carpet seems a little cheap. Padding under front deck only, not hatch lids. Doesn't bother me. I don't like the padding. Messes up my feet worse than plain carpet.

It's a mass produced boat and it looks like it when you get under the skin. Dropped a screw while doing some of my work. Picked a dozen more out of the bilge that Skeeter dropped there. Not really an issue. Almost all boats are mass produced now. Just live with it. I like to tinker with the boat anyway, so no issue to me.

I looked at a Bass Cat Caracal. Loved it. So did Bass Cat.
    Same issue with a Ranger 519.
    Looked at a Z19 Nitro. Another nice boat. Little cheaper both in cost and quality than the Skeeter.

The Skeeter is a great boat. With the 200 SHO, runs like a bat. Rides as good as any 19'5 boat.

I got color "D". Beautiful boat. Everyone that sees it agrees.

You'd not regret buying one.
    Last edited by MCIPinkie; 09-13-2020 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Finishing postg

6. Member
    Great, honest review

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    I have one. Bought it in January. Been running ZX200's since 2002. Great boats if you like 19'5 boats. Obviously, I do. That's how long it is. It ain't 21' long. Not as much room on the front deck for rods as on a longer boat. The rod butts are up in front of the trolling motor pedal. Gets small if you have a bunch of rod on the deck.

You can put 8' rods in the rod locker. Tips go up to the bow, but no issues. I carry over 20 rods. Took out the rod tubes. Use Stick Jackets. No problems.

Had a little trouble with the hatches leaking until I tightened up the latches and tightened every screw in the aluminum framing and the hinges. Skeeter did not get them tight. IMHO, the hatch framing drains the wrong way contributing to the problem, but the issue is very minor since I did my thing.

Broke the hinge on the cooler. My mistake. I tried to force it down with a hunk of ice in the frame. Skeeter covered it under warranty. No other boat problems. I re-rigged all the electronics. Traded in a wrecked boat, so took my stuff off and put on the new one. Got rid of the Helix 7's and the 80- Ultrex. Put my Mega 10's on both bow and console. New transducers, etc. Put my 112 Ultrex on and changed to a 4 bank charger. A lot easier to rig than some of the older models.

Couple trailer problems. Had a brake caliper come unbolted. Heard it in the driveway rather than on the road. Jacked it up, put the bolts in, but could have been a problem.

One of the diamond step plates on top the fenders came off twice. Second time, we put in on with rivets like the old Easy Loaders. Skeeter covered under warranty.

General comments: Seats are great. Carpet seems a little cheap. Padding under front deck only, not hatch lids. Doesn't bother me. I don't like the padding. Messes up my feet worse than plain carpet.

It's a mass produced boat and it looks like it when you get under the skin. Dropped a screw while doing some of my work. Picked a dozen more out of the bilge that Skeeter dropped there. Not really an issue. Almost all boats are mass produced now. Just live with it. I like to tinker with the boat anyway, so no issue to me.

I looked at a Bass Cat Caracal. Loved it. So did Bass Cat.
    Same issue with a Ranger 519.
    Looked at a Z19 Nitro. Another nice boat. Little cheaper both in cost and quality than the Skeeter.

The Skeeter is a great boat. With the 200 SHO, runs like a bat. Rides as good as any 19'5 boat.

I got color "D". Beautiful boat. Everyone that sees it agrees.

You'd not regret buying one.
    Great review, I've owned two zx200's. A 2009 and a 2019. Both all around great boats that I enjoyed having, and don't think you would be disappointed by any means. My next one will probably be a zx225 or zxr20

8. Member
    Great boat, loved my 2016, but I had to get the FX21 for two main reasons: 1) I wanted to fish bigger lakes with more comfort & safety and 2) I needed more space between the front seat pedestal and the trolling motor pedal to accommodate my long legs.

9. Member
    Love my 200zx, granted it's not a new one but if I'm not mistaken there's not much difference in the hulls other than mine has wood in the transome. Mine is 19 ft 9 inches though. Runs great, even my wife likes the ride of it. I'm coming from a late 80's ranger and this boat does ride just as good if not better. Haven't had it in any rough water yet, my home lake can get 4 to 5 footers in the right storm if you get caught.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible