Skeeter FXR vs Avx1980

Has anyone avx1980 owners come from or went to a skeeter fxr? I’m wondering what your opinion is when comparing the two. I know the price points are different but I’m considering skeeters. Any insight from skeeter owners or previous owners would be appreciated.

It’s apples and oranges! Skeeters are great boats. I just sold my ZX 200 to purchase the Vexus 1880. I’m getting older and wanted something a little easier to move around and fit in my garage. I looked at the smaller ZX series but felt that I was getting a better boat with Vexus.
    That new Skeeter is a sweet ride. Probably get that Vexus loaded with every option for less than the Skeeter base price.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    I have narrowed my search to a 2080 or a ZXR 20. Comparably equipped there is only about 4-5k difference. On a 1980 about 14k difference, without tandem axle trailer. Big part of difference is 150 vs 250.There is quite a bit of shallow water near me so the 2080 makes sense but when I go to larger lake the ZXR makes sense. I am in no hurry but may pull the trigger if happen upon a great deal. Skeeter dealers near me are finally getting a few ZXRs in but they are leaving quick and the closest Vexus dealer is 3 1/2 hours away and has no inventory of a 2080. Hopefully when dealers have boats on the lot they will be a little less proud of them.

4. Member
    If you check out the vexus pages on FB theres a guy named Scott turner on there that just sold his skeeter and ordered a new 2080. I personally sold my 2017 ranger and got a 2080. Ill never own anything else as long a Vexus makes a boat.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

5. Member
    different products the best way to tell is take both to the lake an walk around in them sitting side by side .

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jerrylee View Post
    I have narrowed my search to a 2080 or a ZXR 20. Comparably equipped there is only about 4-5k difference. On a 1980 about 14k difference, without tandem axle trailer. Big part of difference is 150 vs 250.There is quite a bit of shallow water near me so the 2080 makes sense but when I go to larger lake the ZXR makes sense. I am in no hurry but may pull the trigger if happen upon a great deal. Skeeter dealers near me are finally getting a few ZXRs in but they are leaving quick and the closest Vexus dealer is 3 1/2 hours away and has no inventory of a 2080. Hopefully when dealers have boats on the lot they will be a little less proud of them.
    I know it would be a long ride, but my dealer in Granite Falls has a 2080 on the showroom. Tri-county marine is the name, look them up.